Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
My g/f said no more car parts until she gets a ring, but OP I think youre taking it a step to far.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sounds like a fair trade to me! :cheers:

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
As long as YOUR ok with it deep down inside. I wouldnt be but thats me. You never know god forbid you find out your wifes having an affair and you lose it a divorce her and then down the road you find the love of your life and she wants to have kids but you cant because you got snipped. Just saying you never know. I know a guy that got snipped because his wife pressured him to do it then 2 years later she ended pregnant. Blew his mind even went to the DR's and got tested to make sure it was done correctly and everything. Turns out it was his wifes boyfriends baby. Once it all came out she ended up leaving him for her lover and he was left alone to start over. Im just putting this out there because its something to think about. I know you probably trust your wife more then anyone on the planet. But trust me youd be surprised what the people closest to you still do!! All im going to say.. Be safe.
This 100%.
Depending on your age this could be a horrific decision on your part. I'm not wishing anything bad on you. In fact I hope you've found your soul mate you'll be with till your dead. I won't go into details on an internet forum but let me tell you that everything you think you know can change so fast it would literally take you months just to comprehend what just happened to you. Trust me I know man. If you're over 40 then by all means go through with it. If you're still a young man then for the love of everything think this thing through. Hearts change man. They just do. We're human.

Sponsored

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Not sure if some people know that its reversible or not (psst... it is).

And its much MUCH easier for the male to do it than the woman to get her tubes tied.

OP
OP

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP (race red)
Interesting variety of responses here! We've been talking about my "lower body mod" since we had our third –*and honestly I don't have a problem with it. She wants it to be my decision and has put zero pressure on me to do it. I just haven't been enthusiastic about setting up the appointment. I have as much to gain from it as she does of course, and as others mentioned it's WAY safer for guys. Even though it's technically reversible I'm happily married at 37 and have added three beautiful kids to this planet. It's a small sacrifice for me to make. However, my wife did have me sweeten the deal by adding a water softener to the equation –*I still think I'm coming out ahead hah!

I'm pretty much sold on the Stage II ProCharger unit. The S1 is probably "enough" but the S2 is only like $500 more so it seems like a no brainer. I know the install is supposed to be easy, but I'm way more confident with computers than I am with cars, so I'm looking for local installers/tuners in the San Jose, CA area. It will likely cost more here than other places due to the cost of living, but everything is relative.

This will be my first mod to the car, and I'm hoping the best bang for the buck! I'd like to be in the 600-650 range for a fun daily driver. I'm self-employed so I make my own schedule and don't suffer the daily commute, which is great for this car!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, my OP was mostly in jest because I would have done the surgery anyways and my wife and I really are totally transparent with each other with everything –*and have been for 17 yrs (married for 12 of those). Cheers!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I did it years ago and went straight back to work, no biggie, if your not wanting more kids, it's a win win for you lol

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
Interesting variety of responses here! We've been talking about my "lower body mod" since we had our third –*and honestly I don't have a problem with it. She wants it to be my decision and has put zero pressure on me to do it. I just haven't been enthusiastic about setting up the appointment. I have as much to gain from it as she does of course, and as others mentioned it's WAY safer for guys. Even though it's technically reversible I'm happily married at 37 and have added three beautiful kids to this planet. It's a small sacrifice for me to make. However, my wife did have me sweeten the deal by adding a water softener to the equation –*I still think I'm coming out ahead hah!

I'm pretty much sold on the Stage II ProCharger unit. The S1 is probably "enough" but the S2 is only like $500 more so it seems like a no brainer. I know the install is supposed to be easy, but I'm way more confident with computers than I am with cars, so I'm looking for local installers/tuners in the San Jose, CA area. It will likely cost more here than other places due to the cost of living, but everything is relative.

This will be my first mod to the car, and I'm hoping the best bang for the buck! I'd like to be in the 600-650 range for a fun daily driver. I'm self-employed so I make my own schedule and don't suffer the daily commute, which is great for this car!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, my OP was mostly in jest because I would have done the surgery anyways and my wife and I really are totally transparent with each other with everything –*and have been for 17 yrs (married for 12 of those). Cheers!
Just becarful thats all. This just reminded of that guy i know and what he went through after his procedure .. Im about your age and have 3 kids myself my wife and i have been married for 12 years. My wife was one of the most trust worthy put together woman i ever knew and an amazing mother!! Until a couple months ago that is.. lets just say without going into major details i found out as well i wasnt the only one in her life for 6 months.. She was having a full blown affair as well with a co worker till i caught them...cant believe i even just posted that on here oh well.. Im not snipped but at this point my life is not the same!!! Be safe. I dont know you but guy to guy im just looking out for you.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I have thought about having this done since I already have 3 boys and I'm 34 now. However, I negotiate with taking my wofe on vacations. When she found out about my SC I booked a vaca to St Thomas and rented a cabin in NC.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Just made a deal with the wife. I will go through with the vasectomy she's been bugging me about (we've got three kids) in return for a supercharger. I say it's a fair trade. If you're not married, you're not allowed to comment LOL!
This post is flipping awesome! :clap2:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Just becarful thats all. This just reminded of that guy i know and what he went through after his procedure .. Im about your age and have 3 kids myself my wife and i have been married for 12 years. My wife was one of the most trust worthy put together woman i ever knew and an amazing mother!! Until a couple months ago that is.. lets just say without going into major details i found out as well i wasnt the only one in her life for 6 months.. She was having a full blown affair as well with a co worker till i caught them...cant believe i even just posted that on here oh well.. Im not snipped but at this point my life is not the same!!! Be safe. I dont know you but guy to guy im just looking out for you.
That sucks man...

img_JBA5Nl.jpg

OP
OP

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that man –*truly devastating. My wife is stay-at-home and home-schools our 11yo. I am a full-time photographer working out of my home. So we're pretty much all up in each other's stuff all the time –*cheating isn't an option, even if we wanted to. If anything, getting snipped might give some guys even more reason to cheat with no concern for getting another girl pregnant. But that's not me.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Just made a deal with the wife. I will go through with the vasectomy she's been bugging me about (we've got three kids) in return for a supercharger. I say it's a fair trade. If you're not married, you're not allowed to comment LOL!
I am 50 with no wife and no kids (been married twice), and I'm thinking of having a vasectomy. Really don't want to start a family at my age!

OP
OP

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have thought about having this done since I already have 3 boys and I'm 34 now. However, I negotiate with taking my wofe on vacations. When she found out about my SC I booked a vaca to St Thomas and rented a cabin in NC.
You probably would've been able to join her if you made the deal up front ;)

ProCharger, Whipple, et al need an asterisk on all the product pricing pages

*WifeTax not included and varies marriage to marriage. May be equal to or greater than the cost of this product, depending on when she "finds out."
Sponsored