Dead Battery Issues

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
regardless of the reason once you let a non deep cycle battery fully discharge a few times you've hurt the battery it'll never be "back to normal" replace the battery, keep the fobs away from the car when it sits.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've heard mine occasionally priming the fuel system when I'm doing some works in the garage, even if the key fob is a hundred meters away and I did not touch the car for days.

My guess is that is is connected to the car regularly waking up some subsystems (like the Body Controller Unit) needed for the Telematics Control Unit to check on the car and send status updates to Ford. I don't have enough data on the system to verify this but I think it's the TCU that have the capability to wake up the car, not the other way around....
I experience same. I can also get the car to do this by swiping and updating status in the Ford Pass App.

Regarding washing the car and it locking/unlocking, I keep the car unlocked and put the fob close-by, maybe 20 feet / 7 m away, hidden in the garage and just leave it there.

Last edited:

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Just put the key fob inside the car when washing, preferably in the cup holder. Car will not continuously lock and unlock this way, it will remain open.
That's what I was doing and by end of wash car would either not start or give me all the "low battery" warnings. Now I unlock then put fob away inside. Frustrating.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Our car likes to run electrical 'routines' as well, with the fob in pocket or suddenly being around it, after not being near it for a short amt of time.

Solenoid/relay clicking when it 1st wakes up. Unrelated I suspect, but I've turned Ford Pass nearly off, short of pulling telemetry fuse, or removing the modem.

Had I been offered to delete the modem, (like so many who didn't get the choice) I would have been willing to pay to not have it install.
Ford gave buyers +$20 credit on window stickers, when they ran short of modems in the days of the Koof supply chain problems.

Btw, anyone who thinks recycled lead is a choice by manufacturers only, vs Virgin lead?
Should read up on ESG mandates, & pick up a metallurgy book on the topic recycled material property's. A veh's Lead battery material, is being contaminated every day , as its the very core of its function. Transferring ions to & from liquid to the plates. It they didn't corrode as part of their function, they wouldn't work as a battery.

Batteries today likely have materials from 5+ generations of recycled siblings. Both the lead plates & the plastic cases are used over & over & over. They must recycle, as every lead mine in the USA, but 1. is gone from the the loop of supply.
They probably also reclaim the acid as well nowadays. 🤣

Why don't we discuss who manufacturers the best lead acid battery for our automotive needs today?
We havnt found 1 that outlasts another, so Motorcraft brand lasts about the same as anything else we used in over a dozen things we own that uses battery's.
Removing a lead acid battery from the cold weather, or storing it in climate control, does more to prolong its life than anything we've found, besides the obvious of keeping the sides, top, & bottom clean.... to stop voltage leak/seep. ( ever put a volt meter on the outside of a dirty car battery case? Try it. Bounce 1 lead off positive or negative. The more grime on the plastic case, the more voltage slough'd off, from the outside residue of filth. Outside earth moving equipment is usually some of the worst.
Sponsored