Daytime Running Lamps

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think the Mustang has some very nice DRL's. Way better than cars that just turn on their headlights at a lower power and call it DRL.
Sponsored

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
Settings for items like DRL's can be adjusted using the forscan app. (connected through OBD port), doesn't have to be done by the dealer. The previous owner might have tweaked a few items using that software which basically edits the build table for the vehicle and enables or disables certain items/features. I was able to use it on my F150 to show the heated seat icons on the touchscreen for example, even though that was only turned on from the factory for the next trim level up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Settings for items like DRL's can be adjusted using the forscan app. (connected through OBD port), doesn't have to be done by the dealer. The previous owner might have tweaked a few items using that software which basically edits the build table for the vehicle and enables or disables certain items/features. I was able to use it on my F150 to show the heated seat icons on the touchscreen for example, even though that was only turned on from the factory for the next trim level up.
Beat me to it ^^^^^^

Those were my thoughts as well.

There is not a single S550 Mustang built by Ford in North America or Canada that came with them set to “off” or nonfunctional. I can’t find it at the moment, but I do recall a thread about the Euro S550’s and something regarding the DRL’s...

Go to the Ford ETIS site, plug your VIN there, it should show very single option and or item the car is equipped with as built by Ford.

Did your Dealer even attempt to view the As Built data to try and turn them on?

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Here in Australia the tri bar DRLs are not installed. They are replaced with non functional plastic reflectors. I replaced mine with working DRLs.

OP
OP

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
Beat me to it ^^^^^^

Those were my thoughts as well.

There is not a single S550 Mustang built by Ford in North America or Canada that came with them set to “off” or nonfunctional. I can’t find it at the moment, but I do recall a thread about the Euro S550’s and something regarding the DRL’s...

Go to the Ford ETIS site, plug your VIN there, it should show very single option and or item the car is equipped with as built by Ford.

Did your Dealer even attempt to view the As Built data to try and turn them on?
The dealer said they ran a report on the car and it was built without them. When I asked if they could make them function as DRL’s in addition to parking lights, they told me no, but I could add an aftermarket kit. Not interested in that, I actually like the look of the factory ones.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The dealer said they ran a report on the car and it was built without them. When I asked if they could make them function as DRL’s in addition to parking lights, they told me no, but I could add an aftermarket kit. Not interested in that, I actually like the look of the factory ones.
Please post a pic of the front end of your car and also scan an image of the report they gave you (or ask for a printed copy).

Unless your vehicle is “special”, meaning one that was a prototype or test vehicle released by accident to the public with non-functional DRL’s or something - it’s extremely strange and not making sense (and no offense intended).

OP
OP

Gossomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost Premium Convertib
I’ll try to get the report this weekend and post it with a pic of the front. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

mcbagpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 401A
Can you see the history of the car, specifically where it was first sold? Maybe it was built for somewhere south of the border where drl's aren't required...
Sponsored