Dash reflection

Owltown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT PP1,
I have a 2019 GT PP1(standard dash) and the center part of the gauge cluster (between the tach and the speedo) has a horrible reflection from the sun depending on the direction of driving and the location of the sun. Anyone else have this issue
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Edit: Sorry, i just re read you post. I have not had the sun reflect off of the little screen between the tach and speedo. My back and side windows are tinted though, at i think around 20%. Are you in a convertible?

Yes. Polarized glasses is your fix.

Even worse for me is driving east towards the sun in the early morning at just the right time, there is a wicked reflection of the sun itself off of the hood straight to my eye. So you ahve the sun wanting to be just under the visor, as well as reflecting off the hood, pretty bad.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Edit: Sorry, i just re read you post. I have not had the sun reflect off of the little screen between the tach and speedo. My back and side windows are tinted though, at i think around 20%. Are you in a convertible?

Even worse for me is driving east towards the sun in the early morning at just the right time, there is a wicked reflection of the sun itself off of the hood straight to my eye. So you ahve the sun wanting to be just under the visor, as well as reflecting off the hood, pretty bad.

I also drive east in the mornings and you're spot on. The sun reflecting off of the hood is brutal. I didn't know if it was just me or if it was a common issue. Guess I need to find I job where I drive the other direction so I miss the sun, both ways!

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I also drive east in the mornings and you're spot on. The sun reflecting off of the hood is brutal. I didn't know if it was just me or if it was a common issue. Guess I need to find I job where I drive the other direction so I miss the sun, both ways!
That's the primary reason we bought our house on the east side of the county. Westbound in the morning, eastbound in the afternoon.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
That's the primary reason we bought our house on the east side of the county. Westbound in the morning, eastbound in the afternoon.
LOL ~ Here in So Cal I thought I was doomed to sun cancers driving north in the AM and south in the PM for years = sun always blazing in the side window but, with a little window tint and sun screen I survived

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't like the plastic chrome trim in the car, steering wheel, gear shifter, etc. I was tempted to try to cover those with a flat black carbon fiber vinyl wrap but the polarized glasses sounds like a better solution. The reflection off the hood is even worse, particularly when washed and waxed. That's a good excuse to not to wash the car.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Polarized sunglasses does not help. I used some black suede with an adhesive backing to cover that area to correct the issue.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1

ckaiser522

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT

I also had this issue then used an old school trick from the 60's ford factory racing cars. Hood black out! The center of the hood (15-17) applied a Matte black vinyl. Does't solve the problem completely but reduces it significantly. you can buy them pre-cut from most retailers or have the local vinyl guy cut it for you. And to boot in my town i have not yet seen another with that specific treatment, lots of stripes and the standard over the top stuff but mine is the only one I have come across with just a simple hood blackout and that's it. away from the car at the moment working on a business trip but if I remember I will post pics when I return Home this Weekend

Sponsored

paul_g

My 2016 EB had the brushed aluminum dash piece which didn't blind me, but blinded my wife. Luckily the new 2019 GT/CS has the faux carbon fiber stuff on it.

I actually bought a roll of the faux carbon fiber stuff for the 2016 EB, but never installed it. If one needs it PM me.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 GT PP1(standard dash) and the center part of the gauge cluster (between the tach and the speedo) has a horrible reflection from the sun depending on the direction of driving and the location of the sun. Anyone else have this issue
Yes and it is real bad in our vert with the top down.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
This past weekend it was really bad in mine. I have polarized glasses and my side windows are 5% and back windows 3%. I'm open to suggestions on how to reduce that glare.

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Had the same issue.
5% strip along the top of the windshield helped immensely.

Only happens at the right angle and time of day any longer.

Albeit it's a bit longer than 5 inches. My shop said if the law ever hassled me. He'd rectify it for free.
158135793.jpg
Sponsored