Black Reflection

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Folks i gotta say i just love how a clean car shines. I am no detail master by any means, and if i got closer with the camera i am most positive you will see swirls, or blemishes. I do have my share of rock chips in my paint, and scratches. But when i clean up this black pony... holy cow does she shine. I just love it. I am also a rookie when it comes to taking good pictures. So here are a few of my beauty. Feel free to share some of your own.

image000002 (4).jpg

image000001 (7).jpg

image000000 (14).jpg
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
This is from when I first bought mine. Some people I showed this pic to thought it was Kentucky Blue (I'm an Indiana University alum and don't much like Kentucky University), but that's just the SoCal sky reflecting off the surface. I love black as well.

P1015927.JPG

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
This is from when I first bought mine. Some people I showed this pic to thought it was Kentucky Blue (I'm an Indiana University alum and don't much like Kentucky University), but that's just the SoCal sky reflecting off the surface. I love black as well.

P1015927.JPG
IU grad here too! Sorry, OP, not trying to highjack your thread. Just had to comment to a fellow Hoosier!

Mine is purple, not black, but when the sun is setting, most assume it's black so I'll throw this here:

20230217_181805.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn’t clean is this photo so be kind, but here is the mystic purple / oil slick purple roof option on my grabber lime :

1678683495073.jpeg

WD :like:

OP
OP
19gtMD

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
IU grad here too! Sorry, OP, not trying to highjack your thread. Just had to comment to a fellow Hoosier!

Mine is purple, not black, but when the sun is setting, most assume it's black so I'll throw this here:

20230217_181805.jpg
No problem.. Nice car and color.. You're right it does look black in the photo

Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
No problem.. Nice car and color.. You're right it does look black in the photo
To bring it back, I'm assuming MD is indicating that you're in Maryland. (Either that or you're a doctor.) I grew up in Maryland. PG County.

Thank you! That photo was taken the day I picked it up, just a few weeks ago actually. My list of mods is growing faster than my mods fund is, so I'm anticipating that will be one of the few pics of this thing completely stock!

OP
OP
19gtMD

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
To bring it back, I'm assuming MD is indicating that you're in Maryland. (Either that or you're a doctor.) I grew up in Maryland. PG County.

Thank you! That photo was taken the day I picked it up, just a few weeks ago actually. My list of mods is growing faster than my mods fund is, so I'm anticipating that will be one of the few pics of this thing completely stock!
Yep im in Maryland. Currently in St. Mary's County but hit PG quite often. Happy modding. The more you do the more you personalize it. Looking forward to progress updates.

OP
OP
19gtMD

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Ceramic coating will enhance that too...plus make washing/drying way easier! They can also do a paint correction to take out most of the swirls. Nice ride!
I've been watching paint correction videos.. Just to see if its something i can learn the craft. Might be something i tackle in the future

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Owned a few black Mustangs and (2) BMW's in the past; always looked great after being cleaned/polished, 10 seconds later road dust and pollen just end the happiness... 😤

LOL!!

OP
OP
19gtMD

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Owned a few black Mustangs and (2) BMW's in the past; always looked great after being cleaned/polished, 10 seconds later road dust and pollen just end the happiness... 😤

LOL!!
In my case its always rain.. lol

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I've been watching paint correction videos.. Just to see if its something i can learn the craft. Might be something i tackle in the future
You can absolutely tackle this, just start slow and gets some practice.

Many people get very concerned they are going to burn the paint off their car, but unless you are doing something deliberately stupid or aggressive, using a dual-action polisher is forgiving, safe and rewarding.

Here is a link on where to start with machines -
Polishing Machine Progression | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Black is amazing. Dark grey or silver looks mint weeks after washing.
No hate.

I need to deal with both. The black roof it great…it just gets dirty quick!
Sponsored

Last edited: