Sponsored

Dash cam

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my thoughts with the new dash cam i got for my toyota corolla. Paid $50 for it and $15 SD card from Amazon.

On my Shelby I have the blackvue 750s and the new $50 dollar camera has better quality videos than my $450 baclvue. It is also faster loading back the videos and the night time recording is even better.

If anyone is looking for a front dash cam, give this a try.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BWFRG4G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_FGUOBbRH62WXC
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my thoughts with the new dash cam i got for my toyota corolla. Paid $50 for it and $15 SD card from Amazon.

On my Shelby I have the blackvue 750s and the new $50 dollar camera has better quality videos than my $450 baclvue. It is also faster loading back the videos and the night time recording is even better.

Thanks for posting. I'll add it to the list. Been evaluating options but haven't bought yet.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Hey all,

Interesting. I am currently looking to buy something and was looking at the Gopro but did not want to spend the money. It would be nice to know how well the mic works. In other words if you use it with the gt350 can it detect the exhaust where you can hear it on playback.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I did not install this in my gt350. Blackvue is ok cam but for the money not worth it at all. Plus the blackvue app plain sucks ass.

I just noticed they have the 1440p verion.

DDPai Mini2 Wi-Fi Dash Cam 1440P 2K Car Camera, Built-in Supercapacitor, G-Sensor, Snapshot Button, Night Vision, WDR, 140° Wide Angle, Loop Recording, Parking Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YB6VBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_64VOBbQ2HBRK0

malfere2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT350
I did not install this in my gt350. Blackvue is ok cam but for the money not worth it at all. Plus the blackvue app plain sucks ass.

I just noticed they have the 1440p verion.

DDPai Mini2 Wi-Fi Dash Cam 1440P 2K Car Camera, Built-in Supercapacitor, G-Sensor, Snapshot Button, Night Vision, WDR, 140° Wide Angle, Loop Recording, Parking Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YB6VBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_64VOBbQ2HBRK0
Thanks for sharing been looking around for a while as well but never pulled the trigger.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
What color did you paint it?

Kidding aside, I have the Thinkware F800 Pro hardwired into my car. I love it except for the fact that I haven't successfully located a fuse that will properly enable parking mode. I'm thinking of moving the F800 Pro to my daily, and getting the new Blackvue DR900 since that seems to have a parking mode that's enabled just by no longer moving on the GPS.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My 750s has the parking mode also. The software on the blackvue is glitchy and slow.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost

Kidding aside, I have the Thinkware F800 Pro hardwired into my car. I love it except for the fact that I haven't successfully located a fuse that will properly enable parking mode. I'm thinking of moving the F800 Pro to my daily, and getting the new Blackvue DR900 since that seems to have a parking mode that's enabled just by no longer moving on the GPS.
Try the horn fuse for a constant power source for parking mode (that's what I used on my Lincoln I believe).

OP - Could you post a video of the camera in action? I have the Garmin Dashcam 55 in my car, but this camera would make for a perfect rear facing cam.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT

I have the F800 Pro in my GT, I used fuses 2 and 23 to hard wire the camera for parking mode. Pretty sure the fuse layout are similar but not positive. If you plan on using parking mode for an extended period of time you will need a battery to run the camera. My car's batt would run parking mode for only 3-4 hours before the camera's battery protection kicked in. I got a Cellink Neo which will run both cameras for 24+ hours and has a fast recharge time. The polarizing lens works well if you get a lot dash reflection, Amazon sells them. Other than breaking my wallet that the F800 has worked great, love the parking mode.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
So from what I have read on this forum so far not that many here care too much for the GoPro.Is it due to the cost? I have talked to a few people who really like them as a standalone video recorder and maybe that is the reason. Please leave your comments?

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So from what I have read on this forum so far not that many here care too much for the GoPro.Is it due to the cost? I have talked to a few people who really like them as a standalone video recorder and maybe that is the reason. Please leave your comments?
Problem with a GoPro isn't designed to run as a dash cam. It doesn't automatically turn on/off, have parking recording, crash detection, etc. Also, depending on where you live, sitting in direct sunlight with a lithium ion battery might be bad news.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I like the Vantrue T2. You can power it via ODBII port. That allows you to use the parking mode when the car is off as the ODBII port is always powered. So no need to deal with hard wires or fuses. For an extra $20 you can get the mount that has built in GPS that will enable you to also record your speed and location. Works as advertised so far but have not had it that long yet.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I bought the Black Box Mobius Pro from Amazon which is also an excellent camera for $79.99. Great picture and sound, motion detection, etc.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I should have stated the main reason for what I am using it for and that would be to capture performance driving events. Thanks!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Try the horn fuse for a constant power source for parking mode (that's what I used on my Lincoln I believe).
I have the F800 Pro in my GT, I used fuses 2 and 23 to hard wire the camera for parking mode. Pretty sure the fuse layout are similar but not positive. If you plan on using parking mode for an extended period of time you will need a battery to run the camera. My car's batt would run parking mode for only 3-4 hours before the camera's battery protection kicked in. I got a Cellink Neo which will run both cameras for 24+ hours and has a fast recharge time. The polarizing lens works well if you get a lot dash reflection, Amazon sells them. Other than breaking my wallet that the F800 has worked great, love the parking mode.
Great info, thanks guys! Yeah I was planning on having to get an external battery anyway since I'm running a lithium car battery and didn't want to worry about taxing it with a dash cam.

I should have stated the main reason for what I am using it for and that would be to capture performance driving events. Thanks!
For track use the GoPro's are great. I've used the suction cup mount inside the window for the Track Attack, though some tracks won't allow just a suction cup mount, at which point mounting can get a bit tricky if you don't have a roll-bar to mount to.
Sponsored