ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
The "s" line is a few years old. the DR900X is the newer one.
The way bozo's drive with face in phone. the better rear cameras on the latest models of black vue or thinkware are worth the extra cost.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'd like one with a rear camera but mounting the rear camera is problematic with the convertible.
Is there one with an external rear camera, like say a license plate mount. Or maybe one that utilizes the back-up camera?

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I installed the Blackvue DR900X in my car yesterday. After watching the video in the first post, it was pretty much a breeze and went just like the video. I'd say about 1/2 hour of install time. I did not install the rear view camera...if I decide I need it, I can always put it in later.

Now, just learning to use the WiFi and the phone app is all that is left.

Leaving on Tuesday for Detroit/Dearborn for the Woodward Dream Cruise, Mustang Alley and several other events....will be a good test of the camera.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I would also upgrade the battery to an AGM.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I'd like one with a rear camera but mounting the rear camera is problematic with the convertible.
Is there one with an external rear camera, like say a license plate mount. Or maybe one that utilizes the back-up camera?
Yes, Many higher end brands offer truck 2 channel with the rear being a weather proof camera that can be mounted outside the cabin.
Sand off an email to blackboxmycar.com and they will give you options.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I had a Vantrue N4 but it didn't mount very well in my convertible with safe'n'sound package. Literally had to put it halfway down the windshield. I also didn't like that you had to pull the SD card for footage. I replaced it with a Garmin Dash Mini 2 which is super tiny and I was able to put it beside the mirror box. Not as many features/not 4k but it's perfect if you want something very small and non-obtrusive.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I installed a QVIA QR790-S in my 2019 a few months ago when the prior camera died after several years in two different cars.
$350, two channels, comes with multiple modes for hardwiring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MY4CDF6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Two channel, decent video. An example below (force 1080 HD to get by the crappy YT compression that it will try to palm off for the first 15 seconds). Note that it does not combine the two channels, I did that myself in Premiere during the edit process.

Sponsored

Ethancannon12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Gt/Cs
I bought a rear view mirror dash cam off Amazon for my old car since it didn’t have a back up camera and put it in my 2018. Really like the increased visibility and seemed to have just as good quality as my BlackVue dash cam did. I can post a picture of it on later if you’d like.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My car has the smart and safe package which puts the dash cam pretty far down the windshield or off center and I hate it. Has anyways with the S&S package figured a way to mount it so it doesn’t obstruct field of view?

Deleted member 35775

I'm using a thinkware U1000 w/Front (4K) and Rear (2K) cameras. (took advantage of a $175 discount off of the $399 price). i installed the front and rear cameras in 45 minutes and used the cigarette adapter for power. i don't have the S&S package, however, i mounted my dash cam on the right side of the mirror out of the way of my radar detector. the rear camera is mounted at the top of the rear window. both cameras provide very good quality videos.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
So I got this insignia front and rear dash cam from Best Buy today (date is wrong on the video supposed to be today) I like it so far. Quality is nice when I watch it on my laptop and tv. A lot better than me driving and trying to record with my phone :giggle:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
if on a budget and dont need 4K this one is great. it records at 2K at 60fps and night time capture is decent as well. i have been using it for a few months now and it has been solid.

Amazon.com: VIOFO A119 V3 2K Dash Cam 2560x1440P Quad HD+ Car Dash Camera, Ultra Clear Night Vision, 140-Degree Wide Angle, GPS Included, Buffered Parking Mode, True HDR, Motion Detection, G-Sensor, Time Lapse : Electronics
I've had a V2 for 5 years now, still works great.
Sponsored