Sponsored

removing mufflers and installing H pipe ?????? Stupid or not ???

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
Yesterday one of my mustang friends asked me to install a H pipe for him. Well i did the installation for him. This was on a 2020 pp1 mustang GT. Well some time in the past he also had a shop cut out the rear mufflers. He was looking for a loud car boy was it loud. I followed him on the highway behind him and i could not hear a thing in my car mind you this is a street car with very large slick too boot. My question is how much damage will he due to the engine and loss of power. I think it was a poor decision on his part and just wait till 1 am in the morning when he goes by the state police and wakes them up. Inspection time idk about that..... What does everybody think about this ???
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
He’s not doing any damage or causing any issues or loosing any power.

It’s just a loud car now. Essentially he made his own straight through cat-back exhaust.

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I don't think he'll do any damage to the engine, or loose any noticeable power. Will he P-Off the neighbors @1am? 'Fo Sho. I don't like the raspiness of straight exhaust, thats why I got the Active Exhaust and did a Borla Crossfire resonator delete pipe, just right and I can vary the "bark". Save the obnoxiously loud exhaust for tracks that allow it. As for the LEO's reaction, well, if you wanna play, you gotta pay. Opinions will vary widely on this topic, imagine that.

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
No loss of power and hardly any gain if there is any to gain at all. As far as inspection goes, that also probably won't matter. He just has a very loud, raspy exhaust note which a lot of non-car folks I'd wager don't care to hear early in the AM.

I have a Steeda H-pipe and their axlebacks and while it's mellow after the car warms up and I'm cruising, cold starts on cold mornings are pretty loud for cut-in exhaust parts.

Not to mention headers could potentially make things much louder.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Coyotes sound like crap that way, so why make the car stupid loud when it doesn't even sound nice, you piss off everybody, and it's not legal anywhere, is baffling to me. It's a stupid way to attract attention IMO, and I just don't get it, but to each his own, I guess :).

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....What does everybody think about this ???
Why do you care what random 3rd party strangers on the internet think about a situation that isn't even yours?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
why draw attention to yourself with a bunch of noise? More noise doesn’t equal better sounding. I’ve owned some of the loudest Mustangs on earth for the sake of performance in the past. And the noise drove me nuts. But to each their own.

OP
OP

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
There is no sweeter noise then a Can Am car.......I think the noise is loud and thats all this gen 3 engine sounds best with a H pipe thats all..

leoxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang gt Oxford white
No loss of power and hardly any gain if there is any to gain at all. As far as inspection goes, that also probably won't matter. He just has a very loud, raspy exhaust note which a lot of non-car folks I'd wager don't care to hear early in the AM.

I have a Steeda H-pipe and their axlebacks and while it's mellow after the car warms up and I'm cruising, cold starts on cold mornings are pretty loud for cut-in exhaust parts.

Not to mention headers could potentially make things much louder.
I have that same setup and you’re right cold starts are piercing especially since I work at 12am. I have to either go back to stock mufflers or the stock midpipe. But once warm it’s really nice. No drone.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
He should weld in some Dynomax Race Bullets. That will clean up the sound and give a really nice exhaust note For about $120 plus cost to weld them in at a local muffler shop.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have the setup also and love it. Not quiet as loud as the Roush catback exhaust systems in my opinion.

I have that same setup and you’re right cold starts are piercing especially since I work at 12am. I have to either go back to stock mufflers or the stock midpipe. But once warm it’s really nice. No drone.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've come to love my pypes 3 inch pype bomb/axle back which is basically a muffler delete, but I kept the stock mid mount resonator. There's pretty much zero rasp and it sounds awesome. Never heard one person tell me they didn't love it. It is quite loud though, especially cold starts and WOT. Given that I can't imagine replacing the resonator with essentially a straight pipe hpipe/xpipe. That's just approaching douchebag levels of loud, lol. At least with my setup I can be respectful with my right foot.

Drone wise, it's only really noticable at 2K RPM, where the stock mufflers drone too. It's just amplified. I don't think it's too bad though, only a mild annoyance since the music or a conversation can easily overpower it. I was still able to do long road trips with no issues. I have my sound tube deleted though which likely helps with that.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Muffler delete will be loud, unrefined and will drone terribly. Get a loud axleback if you want loud.
Yup this. Poor decision just based on this.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Alot of the aftermarket catback systems are basically just muffler and resonator deletes. With cats it wont be too loud especially if you keep the resonator, sounds fine imo.
Sponsored