Sponsored

Dampers & Springs

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hello,

as is the case with many mustang owners, my car is currently parked for the winter. I already purchased new Tires, and i figured, it might be the right time to shop for new springs or dampers.
Since i have the Automatic GT i only have the shitty regular dampers and springs, not the PP ones. I only drive the Mustang during Summer or good weather in the cold season, i never ever track it, so its mostly for curvy street driving. I would love to have the car lowered a bit, but not by much, Steeda pretty much nailed the lowering. Oh and i have the 20" Foundry wheels with 265 continentals.
I have read a lot about various dampers and spring combinations on this Forum, and i figured a few choices out. I would love to hear your opinions on them
1. I can get the PP Dampers pretty cheap here in germany, and swap them with mine, maybe pair them up with Eibach pro-kits or something like that. Would i need some further items for the PP dampers swap unto my GT btw?
2. I can get Eibach Dampers and Springs, as a whole set i mean.
3. I can get whole Set from KW.

Now of course option 2&3 are a little on the expensive side. I cant really get anything from the US (customs and shipping :frusty::tsk:) otherwise i might consider Steeda.
Do you guys figure that option 2&3 are worth the extra expense? And how is option 1 holding up to those that have it installed? And do i need extra Items for the PP dampers to line up with my automatic?
Most of the the thread here cater to PP-drivers, so i figured i make a new thread for the Non-PP drivers like me.

thanks for your input! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
If you are going to spend the money upgrading, don't waste your time with PP set up. I have a PP and I am sure its a small step up from the base stuff, but I think you would be better off just going all aftermarket and getting real gains.

I already want to trash the PP struts/shocks and go with something aftermarket to match up with my Vogtland springs. Just saving up and researching it to death :)

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
I had Steeda's and PP dampers while waiting for the coilovers to come to market. I don't recommend it. Stance was nice but handling was blah. The IRS in these cars is nice but if you're going to the track or just some nice spirited corner carving I would look to upgrade the rear cradle (locking kits, spherical bushings, links, stabilizer bars, etc.) Companies like BMR, Steeda, etc. all sale kits which are effective) first. Dampers and springs will help as long as they're intended to work together. I did coilovers (Ridetech) and couldn't be happier.

slink914

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco
You can purchase the Bilstien pss 10 in Germany about E1600.00

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you are going to spend the money upgrading, don't waste your time with PP set up. I have a PP and I am sure its a small step up from the base stuff, but I think you would be better off just going all aftermarket and getting real gains.

I already want to trash the PP struts/shocks and go with something aftermarket to match up with my Vogtland springs. Just saving up and researching it to death :)
The PP is a bigger step up in handling and control over the base than most realize. If I had to quantify, I'd say it's at least 25-30% sharper. For what his goals are, I would honestly recommend doing that to start, along with something to stabilize the IRS (BMR CB005 is my favorite) and stiffen the front (FRPP strut tower & K-brace).

Sponsored

OP
OP

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
thanks for all the answers so far. Suspension can get very expensive as far as i understand, and as such im always glad to hear about your experiences :cheers:
Especially after changing the exhaust, intake, tires etc. the wife is not amused if i spend too much cash on further mods :D

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
You can get both the aforementioned Bilstiens as well as Konis over there. Either one with proper springs should get you what you are looking for.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I recommend going with the Ford Racing street handing package. This comes with PP shocks, upgraded springs and sway bars. Basically everything you need and it won't ride harshly.

Second, maybe BMR performance springs and PP shocks/struts.

If you want more - Koni or FRPP track shocks and stiffer springs to match. Then add BMR sway bars. If you want IRS mods I recommend BMR cradle lockout first, and FRPP toe knuckle bearing. LCA bearing last.
Sponsored