Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Well I lowered my 2018 GT on Eibach Sportline springs and used the base shocks. Let’s just say it’s not the best ride. A couple of people recommended shocks to fix the ride. However I got curious and looked up Coilovers (BC racing, white line , pedders, ISC and etc). Noticed the price for dampers and Coilovers don’t have much of a price difference. Plus I think with the Coilovers I’ll get more adjustable far as handling, ride height and etc. Have any of you guys Chose Coilovers over dampers/springs? If so why? Have you had any problems with the coils?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The Sportlines are one of the worst choices for ride because they're so low. I've heard good feedback on the Pedders. You can get a good setup with springs and shocks provided you choose wisely. You want to keep your drop reasonable to maintain some travel and get good dampers. But if you want to run really high spring rates you're going to run out of room with conventional struts and shocks and you need to go coilovers. Personally I recommend finding some monotube style dampers.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I have Pedder Coilovers on my UK 17MY GT car is lowered by one inch and am very happy with ride/handling/comfort and great value for money too

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have Pedder Coilovers on my UK 17MY GT car is lowered by one inch and am very happy with ride/handling/comfort and great value for money too
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Pedder

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Well I lowered my 2018 GT on Eibach Sportline springs and used the base shocks. Let’s just say it’s not the best ride. A couple of people recommended shocks to fix the ride. However I got curious and looked up Coilovers (BC racing, white line , pedders, ISC and etc). Noticed the price for dampers and Coilovers don’t have much of a price difference. Plus I think with the Coilovers I’ll get more adjustable far as handling, ride height and etc. Have any of you guys Chose Coilovers over dampers/springs? If so why? Have you had any problems with the coils?
The biggest benefits to coilover adjustability is that there are several different spring rates from various spring mfrs that can be chosen to fine-tune your car's handling balance and that you can cornerweight the chassis for a better balance between left and right turns.

Height adjustability to me is what you'd use during a cornerweighting procedure, not an appearance-oriented reason for buying them in the first place. Randomly setting heights for a lowered appearance only are at least as likely to make left vs right handling differences worse than make them any better.

I've looked into coilovers two or three times for various cars but always got turned off by the usual ranges of lowering listed, the cars involved being mainly street driven (think 90+% street taken on a yearly basis).

Norm
Sponsored