Dampers for Eibach Sportline springs

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm looking to replace my stock springs on my Whipple GTPP. Street car only, and mainly looking for damper that will control these Sportline progressive springs. Likely with my weight up front from the Whipple and electronics in the trunk I'd see close to what they rate the convertibles at 1.6" front and 1.4" rear drop. Do I need adjustables like the Koni's or Steeda or can I just get a fixed rate damper in those lines or maybe even the Ford Racing dampers. Want a good ride mainly.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you insist on those springs, Koni or Steeda adjustables. I'd really recommend something else, especially for a blown car. If you want a good ride, those are not the ones to get.

BMR SP763 with FP Track or the Steeda dampers
Steeda sport linear with the FP Track or Steeda dampers

Those would be my recommendation, in that order.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
If you insist on those springs, Koni or Steeda adjustables. I'd really recommend something else, especially for a blown car. If you want a good ride, those are not the ones to get.

Yeah I should have said the best ride I can get with those springs, I want the maximum drop and love the look of the sportlines. So best damper to control them is what I'm looking for. Thanks for you response.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Also any idea where the adjustable shocks should be set with these springs, is there a way to test what is needed?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Also any idea where the adjustable shocks should be set with these springs, is there a way to test what is needed?
Each of them will be different, and they're progressive so it'll be tough to get it perfect.

For the Konis I would start at 1 turn up from soft all around and try going up in 1/4 turn increments to see what you like best. Typically the car likes about 1/4 to 1/2 turn more up front. For the Steedas I would do the same.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if anyone has done a ride quality comparison between the two, but if you're going for "budget bags", I'd say look at the Steeda Extreme springs too. Even lower than the Sportlines.

Definitely agree with BmacIL though, you'll want adjustables if you want a semblance of good ride.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if anyone has done a ride quality comparison between the two, but if you're going for "budget bags", I'd say look at the Steeda Extreme springs too. Even lower than the Sportlines.

Definitely agree with BmacIL though, you'll want adjustables if you want a semblance of good ride.
Lol let's completely F-up the car's geometry and ruin its handling!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Lol let's completely F-up the car's geometry and ruin its handling!
Go big or go home. If all they care about is the drop, I bring up the Extremes because everybody only knows the Sportlines. I wouldn't run either (didn't like my Sportlines), but it's worth mentioning if that's what they want to do with the car without going to an air suspension setup.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had those springs on my 2015 gtpp and I have tried, frpp , steeda and koni yellow and nothing works with those springs. Either too soft or too harsh.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I had those springs on my 2015 gtpp and I have tried, frpp , steeda and koni yellow and nothing works with those springs. Either too soft or too harsh.
Yep...
I've ridden in one car with them and it was much harsher than my quite firm car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated, and I know deep down those are not great springs for ride, but I’m just a sucker for that low look and yes it suffers for it.

I talked with Steeda and Maximum Motorsports and they both recommend Steeda adjustable Pro Action. Of course Steeda would, but they did however leave me with a bit of tasty info. The Pro Action they said is made my Koni for Steeds valved to their requirement specifically for Mustangs. They also said as some of you that it would take some sorting through the settings to find the best for the crappy sportlines.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just go with coilovers if you want a lower ride.

$1000 you some bc.

Remember the car will look good but is not going to drive good specially with all that power you putting down.
Sponsored