OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Insurance estimate is 10k. Goes to the shop on Wednesday so we’ll see what they have to say and go from there. 🤞
Sponsored

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a 18 with 60k miles and got plowed into while sitting at a light. Everything body wise in the rear had to be replaced and floor panel in trunk. The only thing that was fine were the rear quarters.. almost 11k in damage... I wished they totaled it smh

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I have a 18 with 60k miles and got plowed into while sitting at a light. Everything body wise in the rear had to be replaced and floor panel in trunk. The only thing that was fine were the rear quarters.. almost 11k in damage... I wished they totaled it smh
Why you wish a good car to be totaled?

Sponsored

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well 2.5k of that was stock exhaust l.. about 7k in parts and rest in labor... exhaust, trunk lid, bumper and floor rear floor panel

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Because I was looking into getting a new car anyways
Isn't it possible over there to collect the insurance money and sell the car unrepaired?

This is a common procedure in my country.
It's called fictitious billing according to repair shop estimate or assessor estimate.
But in this process the VAT is initially withheld by the insurance company and paid out when you present invoices for repairs (parts, etc.) or new purchases.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
update:

body shop estimate is closer to 14K. i noticed this last week that im getting some premature wear on my passenger side tires so probably frame damage. car goes in june 8th to start repairs. will update once i have more.

jlchoutex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A
I have a set of rear lights off my 2021 GT that only had 2K miles on them before I swapped them for the ICE white lights.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
you won't know if it isn't tweaked without a thorough examination which includes measuring hard points on the chassis to ensure nothing important shifted.

it is probably fixable but you'll have half the car repainted so if you wanted some exterior mods now's the time to jump on that :)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
update:

body shop estimate is closer to 14K. i noticed this last week that im getting some premature wear on my passenger side tires so probably frame damage. car goes in june 8th to start repairs. will update once i have more.

That's what I figured, these kind of repairs are like onions. You will have layers.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
update:

I was going to say the damages seen (without knowing what else is damaged under the sheet metal), a rear 1/4 replacement is at least a $10k bill, which would include the R&R, parts and prep/paint...

Don't be surprised if you see that estimate hit a good $17k after the Shop and Adjuster tear it down.

The unfortunate thing is now the VIN will have accident history tied to it which will hurt if trying to sell or trade in at a later date.

Anything can be repaired, and I've seen much worse out back together - so I wouldn't sweat the comments about it no longer being a "good car".
Sponsored