Sponsored

Dabbling in drag setup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangbro
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1-10A/2018 Mustang GT A10
Afternoon everybody! I am a first time poster here, hello!
So after owning my mustang for about 8/9 months I want to test her out (pretty much stock) at the drag strip. I am looking into a rear wheel setup for this adventure. I have found some wheels that seems to get the job done for a decent price while I am looking for the best bang for your buck! I found these tires to compliment them 18inch 315's. Right now I have 20inch vossen SVTs. I am curious what you all recommend for this different wheels/tires etc.

Cheers,
BlackStangBros
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I ran 11’s my first time out with stock pp1 setup. Tune only. Not exactly what I would call a drag setup by any means. Pretty impressive imo.

What exactly are you looking to achieve?

OP
OP
blackstangbros
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangbro
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1-10A/2018 Mustang GT A10
I ran 11’s my first time out with stock pp1 setup. Tune only. Not exactly what I would call a drag setup by any means. Pretty impressive imo.

What exactly are you looking to achieve?
Well next friday I will be hitting up the 1/8mile and see what my A10 non-pp1 GT will do with some 305 nitto g2 555's. I am looking into a e85 tune as well but maybe wanted to get some starting #'s to improve upon!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Many of us experience severe wheel hop at the strip with stock street tires....especially on the 1-2 shift in drag mode. Some do not have the problem. Let us know how the G2s do.
Sponsored