Sponsored

Drag Racing Setup

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
I'm sorry if this info is listed somewhere else in the forum but...

I have a 2015 GT with a 6-speed automatic, 3:15 rear, non-PP, 19" Pirelli all-season tires, totally stock. I would like an idea on some of the setting to take it down the quarter mile. I think I know what I should do but want to see what others thought or experienced.

Driving mode - Normal, Sport+ or Track?
Trans selector - D or S?
Traction control - On or Off?
Shifting - let trans shift itself or manually shift (and if manual, what RPM)?
RPM launch?
Anything else?

Thanks for any responses
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Those tires are going to be traction limited so for optimum performance on the street and track I would get a new set of max Performance summer tires.

Driving mode - Normal, Sport+ or Track? Any mode will work, but I would use sport or track.

Trans selector - D or S? Either works but make sure you’re in 1st if you use D after a short burnout. Also don’t forget to make sure it’s back in auto mode if you manually click 2nd gear during burnout.

Traction control - On or Off? Off, but be ready for the unexpected (getting sideways) to happen off the line.

Shifting - let trans shift itself or manually shift (and if manual, what RPM)? Let it shift on its own or you will be bouncing off the rev limiter and slowing yourself down.

RPM launch? You’re going to have to play with launch rpm and see what works best. Start at 1500rpm and work your way up until the car spins the tires then back it down until it doesn’t.

Have fun and good luck!

OP
OP
wibled

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
Those tires are going to be traction limited so for optimum performance on the street and track I would get a new set of max Performance summer tires.

Driving mode - Normal, Sport+ or Track? Any mode will work, but I would use sport or track.

Trans selector - D or S? Either works but make sure you’re in 1st if you use D after a short burnout. Also don’t forget to make sure it’s back in auto mode if you manually click 2nd gear during burnout.

Traction control - On or Off? Off, but be ready for the unexpected (getting sideways) to happen off the line.

Shifting - let trans shift itself or manually shift (and if manual, what RPM)? Let it shift on its own or you will be bouncing off the rev limiter and slowing yourself down.

RPM launch? You’re going to have to play with launch rpm and see what works best. Start at 1500rpm and work your way up until the car spins the tires then back it down until it doesn’t.

Have fun and good luck!
Thanks for the info! Nothing unexpected in what you said but just wanted to see what others recomended. As far as the tires, at least I will not have to worry about breaking a half-shaft LOL
Sponsored