Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'm gonna guess that most readers of this forum are at the very least, mildly obsessive about car care, specifically the interior and exterior.

I confess, I am in said group with a bit more obsessiveness than is probably healthy, so...

I am a two-bucket kinda guy but, my dollies are not attached so I have to drag/push both buckets around at the same time. NBD, but it would be nice if they were connected.

So, do what Matt does, I know, get the plate that locks them together. Problem is, I like to STACK my dollies to save space when they're not in use. Therefive, what I need is a simple, quick, and secure way to temporarily connect them on wash day. Any eye deers?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think you know by now, some of us are looking at “mildly obsessive” in the rear view

I pick my buckets up like a peasant, but i would connect the dollys permanently and then just tip the whole contraption one its side and store vertically, or hang on the wall?

Little out the box thinking there

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
The inside wheels pop out ez, I didn’t expand the ring that’s recommended for a tighter fit. The plate will pop right off-prob not the solution your seeking out.

4B64CEB4-2B2B-4AC4-8DDE-194090B2A20C.jpeg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Kristian and Vipr: Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, while my garage is reasonable in size, it's chock full of stuff, like most garages. :-) Anyway, standing the combined dollies on their side won't work as I leave the buckets in the dollies and they'd fall out. No space on the walls. :-) Stacking works best for me.

I was thinking along the lines of some way to temporarily "clamp" them together. ?

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I think there’s definitely a creative way possibly using the lip of the dolly, or using connecting hardware on the plastic where the wheels come together that would work & support the weight of the bucket with water. The only bucket I actually roll around is the wheel bucket. I’m sure there’s an opportunity for someone with a 3D printer to design something. Good Luck!

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I believe I could design a bracket to slide the caster posts into and pop them into place. Then you could easily unpop them to be able to stack.

Going to draw something up. Could probably just modify that plate to work with some 3D printed "grommets" as you just need a little friction.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
rare earth magnet on one and piece of steel attached to the other?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Drill 1 or 2 hole use a long bolt/bolts and wing nuts. That way you can remove them when done and stack them as you wish.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
JuicySmollet - Probably a good rainy day project, if you come up with a better solution I’d be interested also. I thought about it - but wasn’t motivated enough to find a solution after realizing I don’t move them.

Sponsored

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
JuicySmollet - Probably a good rainy day project, if you come up with a better solution I’d be interested also. I thought about it - but wasn’t motivated enough to find a solution after realizing I don’t move them.
Doesn't rain out here!! haha I still haven't bought the OG buckets or plate...just have my two Ace hardware buckets from 15 years ago.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Put it together this morning, let me go grab a photo...BRB.

1619359671143.png

Now, I can stand them up next to the buckets and take up even less room. Way to go, Matt! :-)

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I believe there is an OG storage solution on the horizon for buckets/similar items.
Sponsored