Sponsored

Custom Pack

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
It just gets better and better ...... not only were we not told of any interior trim differences (if indeed there are any), but I thought I'd check the website just to make sure it didn't say anything about the custom pack having 'premium trim' and found this! ..... is the Ford marketing department really this hopeless or is it that they just don't give a s:censored:t ....
Interior.png
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It just gets better and better ...... not only were we not told of any interior trim differences (if indeed there are any), but I thought I'd check the website just to make sure it didn't say anything about the custom pack having 'premium trim' and found this! ..... is the Ford marketing department really this hopeless or is it that they just don't give a s:censored:t ....
Bizarre error! and of course the disclaimer:-
"Note the images used are to illustrate the vehicle only and may not be representative of the final UK specification"

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Thats wrong was told you definitely cannot have recaro seats in the uk car rhd still not sure about better trim though waiting on ford getting back to me.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thats wrong was told you definitely cannot have recaro seats in the uk car rhd still not sure about better trim though waiting on ford getting back to me.
There should be better trim (or better something) in the custom pack since even on the convertible you pay a premium over the three additional options separately. The black and silver wheels are the same price when bought separately from Ford Racing (unless there is something different about 'nickel lustre') and there is nowhere to put the chrome trim on a convertible so there has to be some other difference that comes with the custom pack.

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
There should be better trim (or better something) in the custom pack since even on the convertible you pay a premium over the three additional options separately. The black and silver wheels are the same price when bought separately from Ford Racing (unless there is something different about 'nickel lustre') and there is nowhere to put the chrome trim on a convertible so there has to be some other difference that comes with the custom pack.
I agree on the convertible as like you say theres n chrome i suppose we will find out in around 6 weeks. The whole mustang launch and sale has been one big fuck up by ford..

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ford UK - get a grip!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It's an odd situation. Generally folk wouldn't be laying down hard cash on a car they haven't even seen in the flesh. We've been given the opportunity to get in at the start - if we'd had to wait until there were showroom cars before placing our orders we might have been waiting years due to added interest.

Sure, it appears that things could have gone smoother but Mustang has been under much greater scrutiny than other car launches. Can't imagine the RS has whipped up this much interest.

I'm as pi$$ed as the next guy but I know that when the car EVENTUALLY arrives none of this will matter.

:ford::paddle:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It's an odd situation. Generally folk wouldn't be laying down hard cash on a car they haven't even seen in the flesh. We've been given the opportunity to get in at the start - if we'd had to wait until there were showroom cars before placing our orders we might have been waiting years due to added interest.

Sure, it appears that things could have gone smoother but Mustang has been under much greater scrutiny than other car launches. Can't imagine the RS has whipped up this much interest.

I'm as pi$$ed as the next guy but I know that when the car EVENTUALLY arrives none of this will matter.

:ford::paddle:
That's a great point - imagine a long wait when everyone else already has theirs! Now that's frustrating! Ok it won't be as long as our wait but I would rather have it this way.

Thiaraa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far everything I've priced up has worked out considerably cheaper importing from the States including shipping/VAT/customs charges, than buying direct from a supplier over here.

e.g. FRPP Sport catback exhaust £1150 from the States; almost £2000 over here.

HRE Flowform FF01 wheels x4 £2400 from the States; £2800 over here.
Centurion, you can get the FRRP catback sport exhuast for £900 from american muscle site, shipped, taxed and delivered by UPS to your door.

:)

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Centurion, you can get the FRRP catback sport exhuast for £900 from american muscle site, shipped, taxed and delivered by UPS to your door.

:)
That's not what they quoted me. In fact, they had suspended international shipping at the time of enquiry, only a few months ago.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car