Sponsored

Custom Pack

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
The Fiat 500 and most of the other so called mini cars look like huge bloated blobs when parked next to my old e36.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Brilliant set of comparison pics between a euro-base and custom pack model.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32367
That's a great post. Answers a lot of questions! Only thing I feel I am missing out on is the "real stitching" on the dash. The fake stuff does look a little cheap. Personally I would rather have that than the chrome surrounds though. Good that the little extras justify the high cost of the custom pack for those that have gone with it!

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
That's a great post. Answers a lot of questions! Only thing I feel I am missing out on is the "real stitching" on the dash. The fake stuff does look a little cheap. Personally I would rather have that than the chrome surrounds though. Good that the little extras justify the high cost of the custom pack for those that have gone with it!
Itd be interesting to compare Etis from a non custom & custom pack vehicle to see what the differences in trim are.

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Just heard back from salemans where i ordered car, all ford uk said is that there could be a very slight differance between custon pack and non custom interior and that the photos on ford.co.uk were for illustration purposes only. What a joke do ford UK actually know what there selling and do they commuicate with ford usa...they must be waiting till they get delivery s in November to get the specs right. So i will have paid 36grand for a car with basic entry level interior.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Just heard back from salemans where i ordered car, all ford uk said is that there could be a very slight differance between custon pack and non custom interior and that the photos on ford.co.uk were for illustration purposes only. What a joke do ford UK actually know what there selling and do they commuicate with ford usa...they must be waiting till they get delivery s in November to get the specs right. So i will have paid 36grand for a car with basic entry level interior.
How many times do we need to say this? The sales guys at the dealers only know what Ford UK tell them, which is nothing more than is on the website.
Ford UK probably don't know any details yet... Maybe Ford US can't be bothered to tell them. We know they have built RHD cars so "someone" should know...
A previous poster was told that Ford UK should have a new brochure "in a couple of weeks" so we might get more information then....

And just because the euro cars have a different interior with their "custom pack" doesn't mean the UK will...

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
There does seem to be a very passive "we don't know" or "nobody told us" attitude from some staff, rather than the "...but I'll find out for you". All this information (exact trim levels/differences etc.) has been known for a long time by the manufacturer.

I must admit, I'll be slightly disappointed at getting the low-rent interior just because I didn't want chrome around the windows. Also the fact that this wasn't specified on the website etc.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's the biggest annoyance for me too.

I thought the custom pack meant all options plus silver trim & wheels. I don't remember different interior being mentioned.
You don't remember because it wasn't mentioned. I have sent an email to our friend Andy about this issue and he responded to say "I must confess I don’t know the answer, but I will ask the product team to advise you directly". I will post up here when I receive an email back from them.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
You don't remember because it wasn't mentioned. I have sent an email to our friend Andy about this issue and he responded to say "I must confess I don’t know the answer, but I will ask the product team to advise you directly". I will post up here when I receive an email back from them.
Out of interest, who's Andy?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Out of interest, who's Andy?
Andy Barratt, he is the Chairman and Managing Director of Ford of Britain.

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have just had an email from Chris Muers who is the Product Marketing Manager for Ford UK, here is his reply.
"Just to confirm that the Custom pack does not pull any difference in trim for Right Hand Drive Mustang. Obviously if you have the pack you will get navigation and more speakers on the premium audio system and heated and cooled seats but there will be no further interior visible differences.
I hope that answers your questions – please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions."
It's good to see that there won't be any interior changes depending on whether we have chosen the Custom Pack or not.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Good news for UK customers!
Depends on what you've ordered. The Custom Pack people won't have the premium trim like their continental counterparts (despite paying a premium price). But the non-custom people wont have to worry about 'trim envy' or feel annoyed at not being given the full information at the time of ordering.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My interpretation of his email is different...I think he means that there is no difference in trim between LHD & RHD rather than Custom Pack/Non Custom Pack. I.e. UK folks with the custom pack will still get the slightly nicer interior; better seat leather, real stitching, soft touch material etc. I don't see why our Mustangs should be any different from the other EU ones, with the exception of the steering wheel!

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
My interpretation of his email is different...I think he means that there is no difference in trim between LHD & RHD rather than Custom Pack/Non Custom Pack. I.e. UK folks with the custom pack will still get the slightly nicer interior; better seat leather, real stitching, soft touch material etc. I don't see why our Mustangs should be any different from the other EU ones, with the exception of the steering wheel!
I had to read it a couple of times, but pretty sure he means RHD all get same interior. RHD are much much lower volume so it makes sense that they wouldn't make two dashboards. They could have made them all premium, rather than base though!
Sponsored