Custom license plate opinions wanted

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Your tag makes me think of a suppressed 300 black out firearm.

Here is Ky's black plate. Pisses off the greenies. You can get it with random numbers or vanity.

1715914465817-z2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Your tag makes me think of a suppressed 300 black out firearm.

Here is Ky's black plate. Pisses off the greenies. You can get it with random numbers or vanity.

1715914465817-z2.jpg
Seriously? That plate is so busy. How do the cops find the ID? 😁

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I used to run personalized plates during my M3 days; haven't had one in the past 15 years or so since I lost interest. I don't waste much time trying to figure out what someone else's plate says. To the OP, I am just a black guy and wouldn't have interpreted your plate as derogatory; Colorado does have the blacked-out plate option also.

Sponsored

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
The state of Minnesota added a new custom plate option this year which is white letters on a black background. It’s referred to as the “blackout” option. Iowa has had this blackout plate option for years. Maybe other states too.

Preferring the look of a black plate on my Kona Blue with black accent package Mustang, I opted for the blackout option. I asked for BLAKOUT as my 2nd choice and was told by the DMV that it is available. My first choice was not.

Thoughts on a blackout plate that reads BLAKOUT? I know it’s not super creative but I thought it was amusing if you know that the plate type is the blackout option.
How about BOWB4ME? I saw that on a Vette the other day with Tenn plates.

MMXX500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500 21 Mach-E GT PE 22 Expd Stealth/F150 KR
BLKNBLU would be my choice, but if it is 6 digits then it's tough.

2017RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
DrewT,
I am also in Minnesota, and for the $30 extra fee I changed all of our vehicles to the blackout plate. It looks great on my ‘17 race red Mustang Gt, my ‘13 sterling gray metallic Ford F150, and my wife’s SUV. Much better than the white and blue or any other options Minnesota offers.
I did not go with personalized plate, just standard letter/numbers.

Sponsored

Sundyrse59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Convertible EcoBoost Premium
IMO, your car is not blacked out, so why do you want a plate that says that?
If it were my car, I would rather have KONABLU, or KNABLUE. My mustang is VLSITBL (Velocity Blue) but her name is MAYGIMA or MAGIMAY or MAGGIE (Maggie May). I actually do not have a vanity plate on my car. But you do you, it is your car, do what makes you happy.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
The state of Minnesota added a new custom plate option this year which is white letters on a black background. It’s referred to as the “blackout” option. Iowa has had this blackout plate option for years. Maybe other states too.

Preferring the look of a black plate on my Kona Blue with black accent package Mustang, I opted for the blackout option. I asked for BLAKOUT as my 2nd choice and was told by the DMV that it is available. My first choice was not.

Thoughts on a blackout plate that reads BLAKOUT? I know it’s not super creative but I thought it was amusing if you know that the plate type is the blackout option.
One vanity plate that's useful is a string of 8's and B's. (Eg. 88BB8B). Very hard to read accurately.

Another is FAQGMC, for example.

Or if you're focused on Blackout, see if number substitutions provide an unused option, like 8LACK0UT.

:)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I was going to suggest BLK KONA but you said they only allow 6 letters

If your a veteran, get a vet plate and put your unit number or name on it like I did.

20230610_170726.jpg

The ship I was on was the U.S.S. Barbey FF-1088
Thank you for your service.
Sponsored