DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
WTFAKM (assuming you’re in the US, wtf is a kilometer, patriotic, gets the people going)
Im pretty sure the killjoys at the DMV will reject anything containing WTF.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Im pretty sure the killjoys at the DMV will reject anything containing WTF.
I’ve actually seen a generic plate generated with wtf around here. They don’t seem to care in MI. We only get 6 characters total though

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
The reason I asked for opinions is due to the following: my daughter told her friend (who is African American) about the plate and she questioned if I meant “blacks get out”. I did not!

I was shocked by this interpretation but I’m just a white guy. Am I clueless and/or insensitive? Was a friend of mine joking when I told him about the plate and he suggested that I key the car myself?

Maybe it matters less what I meant but more how a person of color might react to the license plate.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
The reason I asked for opinions is due to the following: my daughter told her friend (who is African American) about the plate and she questioned if I meant “blacks get out”. I did not!

I was shocked by this interpretation but I’m just a white guy. Am I clueless and/or insensitive? Was a friend of mine joking when I told him about the plate and he suggested that I key the car myself?

Maybe it matters less what I meant but more how a person of color might react to the license plate.
I’ll preface this by stating that I too am just a white guy. But that’s crazy. Never even popped into my head. Maybe you could change it to BLK0UT? Tons of “wear all black” parties hosted by all manner of people are advertised with that spelling and I’ve never heard someone take issue with it

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
The DMV didn’t have an issue with the plate either and they issued it. The plate is currently on my car.

Nobody even thinks about a negative interpretation of the plate until I mention my daughter’s friend’s reaction. I won’t test that theory by driving near a BLM protest, however.

P.S. next I need to consider the feelings of anyone named Blake. They might read it as Blake out. 😁

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I went with CBLTFLY. Hopefully people read it like my name and not the annoying insect.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

Ahh, I see the reason for your concern.
Perhaps the answer is in the spelling. Instead of BLAKOUT try BLKDOUT
Edit; just saw you already have the plate.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
One vanity plate because I went to Penn State; the other as a subtle joke at the expense of my own Coyote-equipped 2011. Vanity plates are fun!!
IMG_3072.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
The state of Minnesota added a new custom plate option this year which is white letters on a black background. It’s referred to as the “blackout” option. Iowa has had this blackout plate option for years. Maybe other states too.

Preferring the look of a black plate on my Kona Blue with black accent package Mustang, I opted for the blackout option. I asked for BLAKOUT as my 2nd choice and was told by the DMV that it is available. My first choice was not.

Thoughts on a blackout plate that reads BLAKOUT? I know it’s not super creative but I thought it was amusing if you know that the plate type is the blackout option.
Lots of custom plates fir my musvke cars. MY fav was. GRRR81

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
i like vanity plates :)

currently have YULQQKN4 on my S550.
I see you’re in New York. They allow eight digits on a plate? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that but if they do that’s fantastic. When I lived in Illinois and they expanded the seven digits the plate “Chicago” was up for a bid.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I was going to suggest BLK KONA but you said they only allow 6 letters

If your a veteran, get a vet plate and put your unit number or name on it like I did.

20230610_170726.jpg

The ship I was on was the U.S.S. Barbey FF-1088

Last edited: