Sponsored

Current servicing costs - new GT

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sure this has been brought up many times before, but probably also changes frequently due to market forces.

Like a few others, I've just P/X'd my 2017 GT for a new 21 model. I had a service plan for 3 years at a cost of about £25 per month which, at the time, offered me a saving as it had a loyalty discount applied.

When I've tried to move the plan over to the new car, the cost has increased significantly.

The current plan on offer is a total of £1,345 spread over 34 months (which equates to roughly £4 per month) and covers the first 3 services and the first MoT. This averages at almost £450 per service, which seems a lot compared to what I've paid previously.

I didn't receive a service book with the new car, so am not sure what's in the schedule compared to the pre facelift GT.

I would take my car to a Ford Dealer for service for the stamp. What is anyone's recent experience of service pricing from a dealership?

Thanks
Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
The most I've paid for a V8 service at a Ford dealer is £220 + MoT cost! There's a larger service every 4 years which that service package won't include either.

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
I had 3 ford dealer services on my 2016 after purchasing new. I think I paid approx £230, 295 and £240. After this last year it was service via GT101 at £225 and its going in next week for its 5th service.

My personal opinion is that the Ford service plan is not worth a rub !!!!

**One thing I find really difficult to understand is that over the last 10 years I have had several lease cars being Honda's Mercs and Volvo. On each of these cars when I have needed to have them serviced I called a few local dealers and the price was a set price for each service with no noticable differences and was told that they all have their set prices.
Since this I have had 3 fiesta's since 2015 and the Mustang since 2016 and each time the ford dealers have ALL been different.

OP
OP

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info. I did a bit of digging and discovered that the service plans offered to you by the dealer when you buy a car are provided by third party companies. In my case a company called Emac. Even though it seems cost effective it certainly isn't at the price I was quoted for the new car.

I did look at plan Ford offer via their website which is for the first 3 services but not MoT and at £489 for all 3 it represented the best value. I have heard from some people that their Ford Dealer has won't honour planner, but there are plenty of different dealers within about 15mi of where I live so I'm confident one will be happy to do it - preferably the one that's in walking distance from my house as I don't think the Ford plan includes a courtesy car!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
WTF £1345 for 3 services and one MOT, robbery mate
I paid Ford directly for 3 year service pack basically 3 services for £489, add MOT cost which is a max of £55 often cheaper so £544 max for the same as you've been quoted £1345. Jesus a 3 year service plan on an M2 was £999 including MOT

Didnt need a courtesy car so didn't ask.

Had fords own service plan on a fair few cars and never had any issues with multiple different dealers accepting it. I am however aware that it's only accepted by participating dealers so if you have little choice locally worth checking

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to update this thread as I've jumped in on the servicing plan before my anniversary (it can only be taken out in the first year).

The dealer (Bristol Street) quoted me :
1st service = £234.72
2nd service = £330.97
3rd service = £245.66
Total = £811.35

The Ford protect plan is £489 and safe from inflation.

Bristol Street did say that they didn't honour the Ford Protect plan, but when I questioned them on it (told them I couldn't find any info on the validity of that statement on line and no guide as to what garages did honour it + asked them which did), they retracted their statement, confirmed that it was a their mistake and booked me in no problem :like:

I've just paid the £489 in one go and sold it to myself on the basis that the first service is expensive, but I get the 2nd and 3rd for free ... lol

WD :like:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
£489 for 3 years servicing on a car like the GT is another oddity from Ford. I'm not complaining but it's bonkers cheap.
Sponsored