Sponsored

Current lead time on a special order.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
probably depends on dealer allocation as well, I would imagine. October is a long ways out though!
Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
probably depends on dealer allocation as well, I would imagine. October is a long ways out though!
Yea I feel that it may be the reason my vehicle is pushed back to an October build. My dealer did not have allocation for the mustang. That part really sucked because before making the deal I had specifically asked my sales manager about whether they had allocation or not. He said they did have allocation and that since they were one of the biggest Ford dealers in the east coast, if they did not have allocation, no one else had it either. That put my objections to rest but finding out that my vehicle would have an October production tells me that they weren't being honest or did not know if they had allocation themselves.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
Yea I feel that it may be the reason my vehicle is pushed back to an October build. My dealer did not have allocation for the mustang. That part really sucked because before making the deal I had specifically asked my sales manager about whether they had allocation or not. He said they did have allocation and that since they were one of the biggest Ford dealers in the east coast, if they did not have allocation, no one else had it either. That put my objections to rest but finding out that my vehicle would have an October production tells me that they weren't being honest or did not know if they had allocation themselves.
Definitely talk to another couple of dealers! I talked to three and went with the best deal. 5 weeks from order to delivery.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Definitely talk to another couple of dealers! I talked to three and went with the best deal. 5 weeks from order to delivery.
I am happy with the monies involved but not happy about the delivery date. Allocation wise it seems to be tricky to know the truth from the dealers themselves.

JB20GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JB
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium convert a10 roush perf pac
when did u order and where u located in Detroit

Sponsored

JB20GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JB
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt premium convert a10 roush perf pac
I am happy with the monies involved but not happy about the delivery date. Allocation wise it seems to be tricky to know the truth from the dealers themselves.
yes I hear u on trusting dealers they told me 8 weeks possibly 12 at most and now get a email from ford sayin g built the week of oct 5 so 2-3 weeks for delivery aft that so be nov before I get just intimate to put away for winter..

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
yes I hear u on trusting dealers they told me 8 weeks possibly 12 at most and now get a email from ford sayin g built the week of oct 5 so 2-3 weeks for delivery aft that so be nov before I get just intimate to put away for winter..
I feel your pain brother

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
when did u order and where u located in Detroit
i ordered on 6/26, blend date was 7/22, due at dealer 7/30. That’s a day under 5 weeks.

I went to dealers in Lake Orion, Dearborn, and Ann Arbor. There are tons in this area so I could easily have gone to a dozen more. Bought the car from the tiny dealer in Lake Orion because they treated me the best and gave me a fair deal on my trade.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Status changed to Produced on Friday.

Also, ETA EndDate 2020-08-01. Is that the dealer arrival estimate? How reliable is it?
which tracker are you using?

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
where i live, dealers try to push you away from ordering and want you to buy what they can get or have in their inventories..

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
where i live, dealers try to push you away from ordering and want you to buy what they can get or have in their inventories..
i think that’s pretty common. But when they have zero of what I want on the lot, they’re not going to turn away my business. Plus they made a great profit on my trade.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
That’s a real shame. Ken Garff West Valley Ford (Utah) let me test whatever I wanted and then I said I wanted to order. They said, “Let’s write it up.” Ordered February 1 and it arrived March 17. No hassle. Great price and free money from Ford.
Sponsored