Sponsored

Current time estimate - order to delivery?

mag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT Prem. w/PP & Redline
Hello. I just joined the forum after going to the dealer to order a GT-PP in CO with manual trans. This is my first time ordering a car at a dealership in the US - I'm an Ex-Pat Brit.

I'm eligible for X plan through my employer. So I mentioned this right away and the sales guys attitude changes ever so slightly. I should mention that they have 1 auto GT on the lot with a $5k markup.

The sales guy goes off to ask if they accept X plan and comes back with another guy who tells me that yes they do, but if I order the car won't be delivered until Feb or March. And he couldn't place the order right away as he had to get the X plan pricing from Ford.

Seems a little suspect to me. as I was able to go online to ford partner.com this morning and build a vehicle and get X plan pricing.

Is this normal or as I suspect, the dealer wants to hold off on placing my order until they have sold more cars at marked up prices. (Am I right in assuming that dealers only get a set number of cars they can order?)
Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
It shouldn't matter if you're ordering it. The dealer will get reimbursed for selling via X-Plan and they aren't losing a slot because it's not dealer stock.

Also those dates seem a little off.

Something seems a bit fishy, are there any other dealers you can check out?

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Hello. I just joined the forum after going to the dealer to order a GT-PP in CO with manual trans. This is my first time ordering a car at a dealership in the US - I'm an Ex-Pat Brit.

I'm eligible for X plan through my employer. So I mentioned this right away and the sales guys attitude changes ever so slightly. I should mention that they have 1 auto GT on the lot with a $5k markup.

The sales guy goes off to ask if they accept X plan and comes back with another guy who tells me that yes they do, but if I order the car won't be delivered until Feb or March. And he couldn't place the order right away as he had to get the X plan pricing from Ford.

Seems a little suspect to me. as I was able to go online to ford partner.com this morning and build a vehicle and get X plan pricing.

Is this normal or as I suspect, the dealer wants to hold off on placing my order until they have sold more cars at marked up prices. (Am I right in assuming that dealers only get a set number of cars they can order?)
Congrats... you have answered your own questions. You obviously have a keen eye for scumbags and will likely be better served
looking at other dealership.

OP
OP
mag

mag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I'm going to go back today and ask for a copy of the VOC. If they can't give me that or give me the runaround I'll go to another dealer, there's plenty of them in San Diego.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
There's someone who posts on here who works at a dealership in SD County.

Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Thanks guys. I'm going to go back today and ask for a copy of the VOC. If they can't give me that or give me the runaround I'll go to another dealer, there's plenty of them in San Diego.
PM 'ncford' he works for a Ford Dealership in Vista, Ca.

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
Congrats... you have answered your own questions. You obviously have a keen eye for scumbags and will likely be better served
looking at other dealership.
This

OP
OP
mag

mag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went back this morning and was given the usual runaround.
1st, they'd never heard of a VOC.
Then the lady who printed them out wasn't in and must have left early yesterday.

So I told them to forget about it and give me my check back (they said it wouldn't be cashed) - they can't get it because it's locked away.

Fine mail it to me on Monday and walked out.

Went to another dealer in town. Told them I was X plan eligible and that I knew exactly what I wanted to order, asked when the order would be placed and when I'd get a VOC - Sales guy went off for a few minutes and came back stating that Ford weren't accepting custom orders on the Mustang.

There's a reason stereotypes exist.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Then the lady who printed them out wasn't in and must have left early yesterday.

So I told them to forget about it and give me my check back (they said it wouldn't be cashed) - they can't get it because it's locked away.

Went to another dealer in town. Told them I was X plan eligible and that I knew exactly what I wanted to order, asked when the order would be placed and when I'd get a VOC - Sales guy went off for a few minutes and came back stating that Ford weren't accepting custom orders on the Mustang.

Call Rigo from Ford of Montebello. They accept X-Plan. His cell phone 323-508-5831.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP

I'm not usually a hostile person, but I swear I would of slapped a fool after hearing that! :frusty:
Sponsored