OP
OP

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Don't guess with the rubber stops, An easy check for the fit is to take Playdoh and put some on all the rubber stops. You can take an accurate measurement on any gaps from that and make your adjustments.
Awesome idea. And with 3 kids I have play dough to spare!
Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have the grill delete on mine and I get a lot of hood wobble. Kinda scares me. :(

OP
OP

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Seems like a hood with say a functional Roush scoop or similar would cut this down wouldn't it? The hood is so long and flimsy there's nothing to equalize the pressure under it at higher speeds. Does anyone with Roush extractors get less shake than those of us with GT extractors or none at all?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Maybe go with the hood delete mod, problem solved.

Sponsored

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
I was actually going to start a thread on this. I have a 16 gt PP. I have so much hood movement at 75 plus I actually stopped to make sure the hood was latched. It's very unsettling. I'm going to ask my dealer about it in a week or so. Anyone else?

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Normal occurrence on my '15 GT. I've gotten used to it. I've chalked it up to extra thin aluminum hood with minimal bracing.

On a warm day, I may try checking out the rubber stoppers. A little unnerving, as I had a hood fly up on the '66 Mustang I had as a teenager due to a mis-adjusted hood latch.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This is normal on all the S550s. You can adjust the rubber stops as previously mentioned but it isn't going anywhere.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have seen this on my hood as well. I was looking under the hood and thinking about trying to take off the rubber molding that runs along the back of the hood. I'm thinking it is going to let air escape much eaiser from under there. Maybe the OP can try this and let us know if it works. I would do it, But I got the car put away for winter.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Never seen this before and I've definitely been up there in the speeds

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Not all S550s experience this hood vibration/shake at high speeds, so there must be a sweet spot in the adjustment to prevent the vibration/shake. Don't know what else might be different that could cause it. I'd think the stiffness variance of the hoods would be very small.

TR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt base with a performance pack
Not all S550s experience this hood vibration/shake at high speeds, so there must be a sweet spot in the adjustment to prevent the vibration/shake. Don't know what else might be different that could cause it. I'd think the stiffness variance of the hoods would be very small.
Good to know. Thinking that Ford spent all this time and money to develop this excellent machine only to have the hood bounce around like an old Toyota camry is ridiculous.

Mine really looks like it could fly up at any time and has gotten worse since new. 3k miles right now. I'm going to check with the dealership about this in a week or so.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
My last three cars with alum hoods have done this to some degree. 300c/Charger RT/ Mustang. Aerodynamics and lack of weight. Wouldn't sweat it.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Why are you driving over 80mph? Are you on a track? Surely nobody on this fine forum would exceed the legally posted speed limit.
Sponsored