OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Too late now but the PCM records something like th last 10secs before shurdown. It might have told you what the car was doing and vindicate your good driving. Now you know everyone will accuse the speeding Mustang driver. And if you are under 30y/o you are 100% guilty until proven innocent.
I'm exactly 30 years old . Wish I knew about the PCM records

so when you hit the bump your were in a turn or had some steering angle ro you lost control going straight? The bump or depression was not in the road? You did not run over anything that your tires shot out somewhere and not you can't find it like a manhole cover 1/2 cocked or steel tubing fallen off a plumbing truck or something?
Imagine going straight on a well paved rd. There's a little crack in the intersection, but I have driven over this 1000s of time with no issue and all other cars go over it. Besides that, unless there was something on the road that got kicked off as tires went over it, I personally didn't see Anything and have been so darn confused recreating the scene with absolutely no idea of what had happened
Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
May or may not be related but when I had my 05 mustang I would do doughnuts in it all the time. So much so that I damaged the gears in the rear diff. I was also able to drive mine home but the car felt like the right rear wheel was "hopping" at which point it would skid like the wheel was locked up. Rear diff damage as you were in motion maybe? Have you been swinging the car? :bandit:

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
May or may not be related but when I had my 05 mustang I would do doughnuts in it all the time. So much so that I damaged the gears in the rear diff. I was also able to drive mine home but the car felt like the right rear wheel was "hopping" at which point it would skid like the wheel was locked up. Rear diff damage as you were in motion maybe? Have you been swinging the car? :bandit:
Car has been babied since I got it. Only time I ever full throttle it is on a straight on the highway. Forget donuts I haven't even done a burnout yet. Now I wish I did least it would have been fun

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Car has been babied since I got it. Only time I ever full throttle it is on a straight on the highway. Forget donuts I haven't even done a burnout yet. Now I wish I did least it would have been fun
Same with me, I learned my lesson lol. That incident voided my warranty and I had to pay out of pocket. It was the last car I ever did doughnuts in.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd check the rear shocks to make sure one didn't fail. Sure sounds like a suspension failure of some type on one side of the car in the rear that caused it to bottom out and swerve.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are there pole cameras at the intersection where the accident occurred? If so, have you considered contacting your local traffic engineering department (or possibly your utility power company) to see if they may have captured the incident on camera? Maybe they would be willing to burn a copy to a CD for you.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There are cameras there but not facing the intersection directly they might have caught it from the middle of the incident. But still better than nothing. Good idea, I'll definitely try reaching out to them.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What did the insurance list as the cause of the accident? And I assume they put you at fault, right? If not, then I wouldn't even look for any evidence :).

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I'm exactly 30 years old . Wish I knew about the PCM records

Imagine going straight on a well paved rd. There's a little crack in the intersection, but I have driven over this 1000s of time with no issue and all other cars go over it. Besides that, unless there was something on the road that got kicked off as tires went over it, I personally didn't see Anything and have been so darn confused recreating the scene with absolutely no idea of what had happened
Sure sounds like you hit something that your tires kicked out of view. You are experienced at that intersection so unlikely to be surprised there. The porsche experience center has a wet demo area you drive straight 30mph then a plate kicks up hits rear tire and trys to spin you. Your goal is to react fast enough and properly to regain control of the car. It is quite shocking how little effort it is to destabilize a car. 95% of drivers hitting the porsche plate spinout the 1st time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
if you’re 100% certain no one had hit you - vehicle OR Deer, you did not hit any moving or stationary object, and you did not run over road debris, or maybe a manhole that was missing the cover or the cover collapsed, then the car had to have reacted from something mechanically failing.

That something could have been:
Rear IRS mount failure either at pumpkin to IRS or IRS to body.
Rear shock or spring failure.
Front Strut or spring failure.
Rear axle failure.
Rear pinion lockup - but again may be ruled out if you were able to drive home with no repeat event.
Driveshaft (but that seems to have been ruled out).
Driver error - moving gearshift lever into reverse is a possibility but only if your reverse lockout is damaged or not working properly per the TSB.

—-

So back to a deer hit - have you ever been hit by a deer at 55mph? I have in my 2011 Genesis coupe back in 2015. It was dark in a rural area and all of the sudden “BLAM” on the passenger side - the car was hit so hard it lurched and felt like it was broadsided by another vehicle. I immediately stopped and got out, using my phone flashlight to see, no street lights, just me and the woods. My entire rear passenger 1/4 panel was caved in below the window, the passenger side door skin was entirely rippled and front fender dented. No one in sight and there was woods to my right (passenger side), so it was a definitive deer strike. That animal had to have been charging through the woods and hit the rear 1/4, then rolled down the side and just have gotten up and took off, because State Police could not find a body anywhere. The damage also cracked the rear 1/4 interior plastic on that side of the car. I’ve posted pics of the car on here in other animal strike threads from when it was at body shop - was in excess of $7k in damage.

Have you gone back to the scene during the day to see what was in that location that might lead to a possibility of what happened??

You can post pics, what’s the Ins. Co going to say? I mean, if you were totally aware of your surroundings, obeying all posted signage, speed limits and traffic control devices and did not hit anyone (or leave the scene of an accident caused by you), there’s nothing to fear.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking mis-placed or not seated manhole cover. Or other solid object 3 or 4 inches high.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm thinking mis-placed or not seated manhole cover. Or other solid object 3 or 4 inches high.
There is a manhole cover on that intersection, its fully seated though, wonder if my tire seated it.

Also the reason I'm not posting any pictures is because the way the claim is being handled, its being covered by comprehensive coverage and any photos if found on this thread might not yield positive results. So just waiting until the car is in the shop being repaired, I will post photos then.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Manhole covers pop up. One happened on my street and the cop sat on it fir an hour waiting for the road crew. I offered a crowbar but he did not want anyone to get hurt.

Those covers can cause huge damage. Drive there and see if you naturally drice over it. Sounds like you got your speed bump.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Update from the insurance: preliminary quote based solely on pictures including replacement rim, front tires, fender, bumper headlight (agent told me this is the most expensive headlight she has ever seen on a ford) and paint to fix scratches is around 9000$ so far, that's not including the additional stuff the shop will probably find in the suspension upon inspection. I hope it doesn't become rebuilt or totalled.

Edit: everything OEM direct from ford
If there's suspension damage you'd be better off totaled. It will never be the same.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If there's suspension damage you'd be better off totaled. It will never be the same.
From what I inspected the sway bar corner seems bent and the wheel is severely out of alignment. There isn't a crack in any boots, all ball joints look pretty much new and the strut assembly looks unharmed although I'm sure it may the control arms also seem to be unharmed. There is a scratch on the k shaped member under the car but I doubt it'll be a problem and it's an easily replaceable part
Sponsored