Sponsored

Crashed don't even know wtf happened

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
When ford says something like, "you can only engage reverse from a full stop", I get all <shifty_eyes>... like why would they even mention that...
It's fairly common for people stuck in snow to try rocking the car back and forth, shifting between 1st and reverse while still in motion in an attempt to get over a spun-hard ridge of snow.

What, you don't get a lot of snow in Texas?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
> following an expensive rock chip on the windshield a week before

Why on earth would you make a ins claim on a rock chip? A whole new windshield is like 300. Insurance is for BIG multi-thousand stuff, not ankle-biter cost of ownership stuff.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
> following an expensive rock chip on the windshield a week before

Why on earth would you make a ins claim on a rock chip? A whole new windshield is like 300. Insurance is for BIG multi-thousand stuff, not ankle-biter cost of ownership stuff.
Comprehensive is for such things. I had a 1000 deductible on comprehensive... I changed it to 0. The windshield repair cost with the oem windshield was almost 600$

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The only thing on your vehicle that records speed is the Airbag Control Module (ACM). If your airbag did not deploy, then you must have had a near-deployment event which stored data.
The ACM's only records 5 seconds of data prior to an event.
I'm not guessing... I do this for a living.
I used to do a lot of black box downloads for GEICO... they purchased their own BOSCH CDR equipment and no longer use us for accident reconstruction. The have their SIU investigators download the data and supply it to the adjusters, who handle the claims.
They had an investigator come out. He was contracted and didn't work directly for Geico

Green Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just out of curiousity, do you remember the mode, steering, and exhaust setup you were running at the time? I know when performing a spirited acceleration on a highway entrance ramp in track mode, the front and rear ends want to go in oppisite directions.

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I know when performing a spirited acceleration on a highway entrance ramp in track mode, the front and rear ends want to go in oppisite directions.
Not unless you're pointing in a straight line when you apply the throttle.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not unless you're pointing in a straight line when you apply the throttle.
that's not how you drive a curve. from mid-corner to exit should be steadily increasing throttle so you're well neigh at full throttle when the straight part is reached.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
They couldn't figure out what caused the accident... but believed my story end of day.. also they pulled data from my car's computer and said I was going faster than the speed I stated (45-50mph) and in actuality I was going around 60 and "moments" before the impact I was going 90+ which was not moments but at least 8 minutes before while I was on the highway.. there's no possibility of going that fast on a two lane street which was merging right past where the accident happened and further down there's speed humps as its a residential area. The body shop will inspect every single part then it will be sent to another location to check everything in suspension and get alignment. They will also inspect anything that could have possibly caused the hop/traction lost. Someone at the body shop suggested I could have gone over an oil spill or something that caused traction loss in the rear. Anyhow, It will take a little over a month for them to source all the replacement parts from ford and fully repair the car to factory spec.
Post: Computer said faster then stated, but never says what the computer said ? Just I was only and that was before yada yada.

I fix things for a living, and blaming the machine or computer is always the customer's statement trying to shift blame.

Then turn right around when the shoe is on the other foot. Used the same machine or computer. To have the advantage and shifting blame back to the other person or company.

Not saying the OP is doing this, but the story sure goes in circles and no photos, after being asked several times.

Hell maybe the car was struck by lighting ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hell maybe the car was struck by lighting ?
well the OP admits to doing around 88 miles per hour and lightning would provide the necessary one point twenty-one jigowatts of impetus. OP's first name of 'Moiz' is probably an adaptation of 'Marty', so yes it fits. :)

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
OP,

sorry for your luck. Mine sucks at times as well. As for the deductible, I agree with @shogun32 that deductibles are for big claim items and windshields are low-hanging fruit.

I just took a rock last weekend to my brand new HEP R. I called safelite and they were very quick and good at what they do. The windshield was $240 (same as factory WS) and the labor was $120, so I was set back $360. In SC, our WS is taken care of.

When you do gain new insurance, compare your premium with a $1000 deductible and a $0 deductible. I’m sure the money that you will save in a year will likely pay for a WS.

Glad you’re okay. Hope your car comes back as good as new.

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
that's not how you drive a curve. from mid-corner to exit should be steadily increasing throttle so you're well neigh at full throttle when the straight part is reached.
Yes, steadily being the key word. If someone is having trouble with on ramps I don't think steadily is a factor for them.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Are we still waiting for pictures? You know, no pictures it didn't happen ;-)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Kind of a weird thread now...

The OP DID post pics that were on page 3, Post #33, but the pics have since been removed.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Comprehensive is for such things. I had a 1000 deductible on comprehensive... I changed it to 0. The windshield repair cost with the oem windshield was almost 600$
I paid $550 without using insurance for my windshield, that’s oem. Aftermarket was $400

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I only get $0 glass coverage on my vehicles with both moonroofs and adaptive cruise/lane-departure, which make the windshields very expensive, PLUS the dealer camera calibration charges. But I'm thinking of adding my Bullitt too, since there's all kinds of crap on roadways here, and it's windy most of the year. The up-charge here in TX is $50 or $60 (don't remember) every 6-month term, so the odds of that being a better deal are high, since that means your break-even point is about 5 years without a cracked/broken windshield. Will check the up-charge on my next renewal, which is next month.
Sponsored