Crashed don't even know wtf happened

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was casually driving around 45 mph passed an intersection and have no clue wtf happened, the rear of the car felt like it lifted up and slammed the road and lost traction as if I went over a speed hump real fast Car started skidding and then hit a curb dividing the lanes rode it all the way through taking out a small tree in the middle of the curb. There was no other car on the road, no object I could have possibly hit. I was able to drive it home. But I keep thinking back to it and if makes no sense about what happened. My left rim is broken but still holding air. The front right fender peeled off and right quarter of the bumper is gone and the front right wheel is crooked. I'll post some pictures after insurance claim goes through. Unfortunately, a week ago I had a rock chip on the windshield and I found out that apparently I had a $1000 deductable on comprehensive so I changed it for future. And now insurance is questioning this claim. This will be a headache

Edit: even though it rode the curb divider, there is not even a scratch under the car, just the front body pan has scratches and held in place pretty well
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You either hit something, or somebody hit you. Which one was it? If no car hit you, then you hit something. Were you distracted, or under medication? Was it dark? Sorry to hear of your accident, but hey, are least only the car was damaged. Sounds like you might have fallen asleep and hit a curb, no? Good luck, brother.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Were you accelerating hard? I would think at first the diff bolts broke but since you were able to drive it home that's unlikely. Can you get some pictures of the rear end?

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You either hit something, or somebody hit you. Which one was it? If no car hit you, then you hit something. Were you distracted, or under medication? Was it dark? Sorry to hear of your accident, but hey, are least only the car was damaged. Sounds like you might have fallen asleep and hit a curb, no? Good luck, brother.
No bro, I was in my senses. I was driving home from buffalo wild wings. I saw another accident before I took the exit from the highway and was well aware of my surroundings. The light was red so I was slowing down when it turned green I accelerated to 45 mph through the intersection where it happened.
And yes it was dark.
Were you accelerating hard? I would think at first the diff bolts broke but since you were able to drive it home that's unlikely. Can you get some pictures of the rear end?
I'll post pictures after insurance is dealt with. Just don't want them to find the same photos online. I was accelerating through a light that had just turned green. However, it wasn't a hard acceleration because residential area starts right past that light so just normal driving. It felt as if I went over something. But there was nothing and no one around. I'll check the diff as you suggest though

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Have you checked out the service bulletin for the reverse lockout slipping?

I remember reading about it on owner.ford.com.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you checked out the service bulletin for the reverse lockout slipping?

I remember reading about it on owner.ford.com.
Would you happen to have a link? Would that cause something like this?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAMegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2KQ3UKvLFKAaqW9Zcy5Az6

The fact that he hopped and was in a lower gear is the only reason i mentioned it. When ford says something like, "you can only engage reverse from a full stop", I get all <shifty_eyes>... like why would they even mention that...
Thanks my man I'll ask them to see if this was the root cause. I'm having the car inspected at caliber collision not ford but they are ford authorized.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Is your car lowered? My guess is that there was road undulation middle of the intersection and your shocks bottomed out not in unison and that threw off your balance and traction

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your car lowered? My guess is that there was road undulation middle of the intersection and your shocks bottomed out not in unison and that threw off your balance and traction
The number 1 out for any ford product...

Ford - "did you lower your car?... well the lowering deamons are what caused all the issues... ever... Whats that, we accidently welded a bolt hole closed?... you would have never noticed it if you did not lower your car.... so we are not gonna reimburse you for early tire ware"

TRUE STORY!

Sponsored
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My car is 99.9% stock. Only "mod" was hood struts from American performance. I was considering a supercharger though

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is 99.9% stock. Only "mod" was hood struts from American performance. I was considering a supercharger though
Then you should be golden. Make sure that you get a copy of what your computer said happened. If you delete the codes you will jever get em back.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update from the insurance: preliminary quote based solely on pictures including replacement rim, front tires, fender, bumper headlight (agent told me this is the most expensive headlight she has ever seen on a ford) and paint to fix scratches is around 9000$ so far, that's not including the additional stuff the shop will probably find in the suspension upon inspection. I hope it doesn't become rebuilt or totalled.

Edit: everything OEM direct from ford

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
so when you hit the bump your were in a turn or had some steering angle ro you lost control going straight? The bump or depression was not in the road? You did not run over anything that your tires shot out somewhere and not you can't find it like a manhole cover 1/2 cocked or steel tubing fallen off a plumbing truck or something?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Too late now but the PCM records something like th last 10secs before shurdown. It might have told you what the car was doing and vindicate your good driving. Now you know everyone will accuse the speeding Mustang driver. And if you are under 30y/o you are 100% guilty until proven innocent.
Sponsored