Sponsored

Coyote head porting

DickH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 GT
I currently have a gen 3 coyote torn apart in my garage for use in a project car. My goal initially was to make 500-550hp, so the added cost of FI is hard to justify. Since I already have the heads off, sending them out seems like a "while im at it" kind of thing. I have emailed Livernois and MMR, both seem to be about the same price for about the same recommendation (stage 2 porting with upgraded springs). I would lean towards MMR due to the fact that they seem to specialize in mod motors, but they didn't seem interested in continuing communication via email. I am curious if any of you guys have had any experience or recommendations for getting head work done and with any company?
Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Might want to try the All Motor Coyote group on facebook if you have it for suggestions. I know Brett Barber at http://www.airflowsolutionsllc.com/ is highly recommended by that group, but there are others that do it as well.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I second Brett. I do not have a set of his heads, but he seems to have porting on the s550 motor down based on all the builds I've seen using his products and would be who I contacted first.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I hears Frankenstein also has a Coyote CNC program now. That would be a real good option.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I recently sent my OEM throttle body and intake manifold (2018 GT) to Airflow solutions for Bret to port. I received the ported parts back on Saturday and installed them on the car last weekend. The work looks great and so far runs great. I didn't realize they also do heads. My plan was eventually to have MMR do a Stage 2 or possibly stage 3 head port job and add Stage 1 or 2 NSR comp cams at the same time. Not fully decided on the cams but that's where I'm at today.

Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Bischoff Engine Service in SE Indiana. They are top notch for sure.

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have a gen 3 coyote torn apart in my garage for use in a project car. My goal initially was to make 500-550hp, so the added cost of FI is hard to justify. Since I already have the heads off, sending them out seems like a "while im at it" kind of thing. I have emailed Livernois and MMR, both seem to be about the same price for about the same recommendation (stage 2 porting with upgraded springs). I would lean towards MMR due to the fact that they seem to specialize in mod motors, but they didn't seem interested in continuing communication via email. I am curious if any of you guys have had any experience or recommendations for getting head work done and with any company?
Amazing they did same with me I have a 2018 gen3 10speed Auto car was in process of getting cams and head porting done with MMR and they told me they’d email me 3 times and failed just recently ordered OPG set as they had a sale going ordered charged shipped normal process ?? But all suddenly 5 days later email says part will be sent in a week from that day ???

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have been waiting for Hot Rod's next chapter in ther Gen3 crate engine build. It is supposed to cover head porting to show how effective it is. Wish you could email the writer to see if they are still pursuing it.
Sponsored