Covid Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
The long term health effects of the COVID19 vaccine are unproven. There is a 99.8% survival rate for this flu. With the majority of the 0.2% of the fatalities having comorbidities that increase risk of death. The odds are on my side without the vaccine. The odds for future health issues for the COVID19 vaccine are unknown. I'm gonna let you BETAS go first.
When are you going to get the covid shot? You must have a date.

Would suck if you die of covid after the shot is available to you but you don't take it.

I'm trying to decide when I'm going to take it as well... maybe summer... not sure.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
anecdotal data - Bing

In science, definitions of anecdotal evidence include:

"casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis"

Hello; Gathering information from a single airplane flight where the variables are not under rigorous control fits. I taught the scientific method for many years so have some idea of what it takes to set up a proper experiment. The information gathered from that particular flight can be a good start toward forming an hypothesis. To be of real value one variable at a time needs to be tested in a controlled environment so the hypothesis can be tested. After running the experiment in controlled conditions the hypothesis is confirmed or refuted.
If your experiment claims to have confirmed the hypothesis, then the experiment is repeated by others to see if they get the same results.
And yes before some one chimes in there is more to setting up such an experiment. You need a "standard" for one thing. Such as when a new medication is tested. Some get the medication and others get a sugar pill sort of thing.
Such was the context when I used the term anecdotal.
Round and round you go. Shocking that you actually taught anyone anything. I have no idea what you are muttering on about.

Fascinating really. You are mostly clueless about science in general and the scientific method in particular.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The long term health effects of the COVID19 vaccine are unproven. There is a 99.8% survival rate for this flu. With the majority of the 0.2% of the fatalities having comorbidities that increase risk of death. The odds are on my side without the vaccine. The odds for future health issues for the COVID19 vaccine are unknown. I'm gonna let you BETAS go first.
I'm sorry but its been hard to follow up with keeping up with everyone's posts. Are you the one who is saying that they are the doctor and around 50 years?

Your logic doesn't make any sense. You say that your concern is long term health effects with the vaccine, which is a valid concern but how long do you plan on waiting? If there are any long term health effects, we won't know what they are until about 10-20 years. Beta tests aren't that long.

Also just like the long term effects of the vaccine, the long term health effects from COVID aren't known either.

I really don't understand what point you are trying to make. The long term effects from the virus and vaccine won't be fully known until it's been a "long term" since you've had either or. You are arguing against the unknown, and doing it against the vaccine instead of the actual virus.

When did you think the effects from the vaccine will show up? 6 months? 2 years?

Recently it's been discovered that with the flu, there are long term effects that you can have such as atherosclerosis because T-cells contribute greatly to the condition. We have known about the flu for years and are only discovering this now.

With COVID it'll take just as long. You already had COVID so you are fucked either way. You are already a case study.

I don't want to get COVID because the long term health implications are unknown, to which my doctor argeed to get the vaccine

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Given that this virus has an exponential spread, seeing “the same rate of infections” is actually a win.
I figured someone would say this.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; as one of the beta testers I do get your point. I did and do understand the vaccine is an unknown in terms of risk down the road. The term "safe" ought to be understood within the context that the companies making the vaccines were given liability immunity ( legal immunity). That means I cannot sue them or seek compensation for any side effects which may come along down the road from taking their vaccine. If some such bad outcome comes along it will be my tough luck. I, at least, understood this to be the case before I let them jab me. Fingers are crossed.
And I respect your conviction.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Round and round you go. Shocking that you actually taught anyone anything. I have no idea what you are muttering on about.

Fascinating really. You are mostly clueless about science in general and the scientific method in particular.
Hello Your just saying things does not make them correct. This is fairly typical of one of your responses. I make specific comments and you make vague generalizations without ever addressing the comments. Then you declare your self to be correct and throw in snide remarks.

When you fall back to snide comments and name calling I will take it you cannot address the issues. Such has happened many times.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
You already had COVID so you are fucked either way. You are already a case study.
How so? Generally antibodies from exposure to the virus protect you from reinfection.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello Your just saying things does not make them correct. This is fairly typical of one of your responses. I make specific comments and you make vague generalizations without ever addressing the comments. Then you declare your self to be correct and throw in snide remarks.

When you fall back to snide comments and name calling I will take it you cannot address the issues. Such has happened many times.
Holy cow!

You have to be a troll. You sure got me! Good job!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
When are you going to get the covid shot? You must have a date.

Would suck if you die of covid after the shot is available to you but you don't take it.

I'm trying to decide when I'm going to take it as well... maybe summer... not sure.
Do you have hypertension, diabetes, or heart problems? These conditions should be factored into your decision how soon to take it. I'm not an antivaxer. The vaccine just became available to the public. I'm being cautious.

Sponsored

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
I'm not certain why you mentioned the flu in your comments - I assume it's just a mistake. But the mortality rate for COVID was 1.8% in the US. Mortality ranges widely based on the country; Mexico's rate is 9.0% and India's is 1.4% just for comparison.

Your second mistake is assuming that overall mortality is the most important number. The concept I hope you grasp concerns the age-dependent risk of mortality. AGE is one of the most important factors in determining mortality risk.

Mortality will increase (sometimes almost exponentially) with increasing age. Okay - so a 20 yr old kid has great chances of recovering. What about the 55+ age group, the 65+ and the 70+ crowd?

Your last mistake was ignoring the morbidity of a COVID infection. You survive COVID but there's the risk for experiencing persistent hypoxia, persistent dyspnea, blood clots, or are more prone to develop strokes, heart attacks, or vascular problems.

I know people don't consider these concepts - but they should.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Do you have hypertension, diabetes, or heart problems? These conditions should be factored into your decision how soon to take it. I'm not an antivaxer. The vaccine just became available to the public. I'm being cautious.
None of those conditions. I'm not an antivaxer either. Like you I'm being a cautious.

I'm not out in public around other people. If I did go out I would wear a mask.

I was wondering if you had a date... 2 months, 2 years, 20 years... interesting to see responses from people on this topic, if you want to share. If not, I get it...

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
I'm not certain why you mentioned the flu in your comments - I assume it's just a mistake. But the mortality rate for COVID was 1.8% in the US. Mortality ranges widely based on the country; Mexico's rate is 9.0% and India's is 1.4% just for comparison.

Your second mistake is assuming that overall mortality is the most important number. The concept I hope you grasp concerns the age-dependent risk of mortality. AGE is one of the most important factors in determining mortality risk.

Mortality will increase (sometimes almost exponentially) with increasing age. Okay - so a 20 yr old kid has great chances of recovering. What about the 55+ age group, the 65+ and the 70+ crowd?

Your last mistake was ignoring the morbidity of a COVID infection. You survive COVID but there's the risk for experiencing persistent hypoxia, persistent dyspnea, blood clots, or are more prone to develop strokes, heart attacks, or vascular problems.

Finally, having realized all the factual reports of mortality and morbidity of a full blown COVID infection...

Why on earth would you risk dealing with all that?? Versus the perceived (and imagined) risks of a vaccine that doesn't even contain any preservatives.

Again...there's probably more mRNA in the eggs you had for breakfast and the chicken wings I had for dinner.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
How so? Generally antibodies from exposure to the virus protect you from reinfection.
The long term health effects from COVID arent known just like the vaccine. You've already had COVID 19. You are a case study for COVID 19.

Your argument is that you are somehow better off not getting the vaccine because you don't know about the effects on your health but you've already had COVID 19 and you are in the same position as if you've got the vaccine. The long term effects from getting COVID 19 on your health isn't known either.

The argument doesn't make any sense.

The people who had COVID 19 will be used as case study to observe and see what happens, just like how veterans like myself who dealt with burn pits and all sorts of toxic chemicals (and the ones before me, which is why the VA has presumptive conditions from the Gulf War, and also the ones from Vietnam who had contact with Agent Orange).

Last edited:

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

You know I meant virus. Stop being so petty. And I don't appreciate your condescending tone in this post. The CDC estimate of 0.26% for COVID19 mortality rates contradict your WIKI stats. I have mentioned in previous posts the decision to take the vaccine is an individual one. I am healthy and have no comorbidities so I chose to wait. Get over it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.