Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If the masks work we should have seen a reduction after 2 to 3 weeks. That didn't happen.
yup if you look at the 'cases' graphs there should have been some semblance of a change in slope maybe not at the national level since we have 50 insolent, uppity states that make their own decisions, but even the local enforcement zones here and abroad where dictatorial gov't is the norm (eg. California - eg. SFO and LA, the UK, Germany, even India) show no tapering at all just a delay of the inevitable.

Cross reference 'mask orders' and daily cases and you'll see the virus kept on virus'ing unchecked.
https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...Align+outbreaks=false&country=GBR~DEU~ITA~IND
Sponsored

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...cloth-face-cover-guidance.html#recent-studies

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

Human Studies of Masking and SARS-CoV-2 Transmission
Data regarding the “real-world” effectiveness of community masking are limited to observational and epidemiological studies.

• An investigation of a high-exposure event, in which 2 symptomatically ill hair stylists interacted for an average of 15 minutes with each of 139 clients during an 8-day period, found that none of the 67 clients who subsequently consented to an interview and testing developed infection. The stylists and all clients universally wore masks in the salon as required by local ordinance and company policy at the time.32
  • In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.33
  • A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.34
  • A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.35
  • Investigations involving infected passengers aboard flights longer than 10 hours strongly suggest that masking prevented in-flight transmissions, as demonstrated by the absence of infection developing in other passengers and crew in the 14 days following exposure.36,37
Seven studies have confirmed the benefit of universal masking in community level analyses: in a unified hospital system,38 a German city,39 a U.S. state,40 a panel of 15 U.S. states and Washington, D.C.,41,42 as well as both Canada43 and the U.S.44 nationally. Each analysis demonstrated that, following directives from organizational and political leadership for universal masking, new infections fell significantly. Two of these studies42,44 and an additional analysis of data from 200 countries that included the U.S.45 also demonstrated reductions in mortality. An economic analysis using U.S. data found that, given these effects, increasing universal masking by 15% could prevent the need for lockdowns and reduce associated losses of up to $1 trillion or about 5% of gross domestic product.42

Conclusions
Experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The prevention benefit of masking is derived from the combination of source control and personal protection for the mask wearer. The relationship between source control and personal protection is likely complementary and possibly synergistic14, so that individual benefit increases with increasing community mask use. Further research is needed to expand the evidence base for the protective effect of cloth masks and in particular to identify the combinations of materials that maximize both their blocking and filtering effectiveness, as well as fit, comfort, durability, and consumer appeal. Adopting universal masking policies can help avert future lockdowns, especially if combined with other non-pharmaceutical interventions such as social distancing, hand hygiene, and adequate ventilation.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
All I'm saying is there was/is no evidence of masks working.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
In my County after the governor slapped mask orders and distancing requirements on us I saw at least 99% compliance. The numbers of newly infected people kept climbing at the same rate as before the orders.

I was expecting to see the numbers slow or level off after 3 weeks. It did not happen thus my saying no evidence.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
In my County after the governor slapped mask orders and distancing requirements on us I saw at least 99% compliance. The numbers of newly infected people kept climbing at the same rate as before the orders.

I was expecting to see the numbers slow or level off after 3 weeks. It did not happen thus my saying no evidence.
Reading that caused me lost brain cells...

Wow... I hope you are having a laugh watching people react to your insane posts. You can't be serious... 😕

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
They said "wear a mask and it will slow the spread" When we masked up the spread stayed the same.

How is me thinking the mask does not work equal faulty thinking?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
How many billion people do you need to see vaccinated before you consider it to be ”safe”?

F741CDB6-5B96-4D35-A959-A690924C54EA.jpeg
Immediate numbers are one thing. There is also the over time factor. Issues may not be immediate. My point was over time issues coming up. Like I said. I am waiting to see. It took time to reveal asbestos caused lung disease and cancer. Good luck on your vaccine.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...cloth-face-cover-guidance.html#recent-studies

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

Human Studies of Masking and SARS-CoV-2 Transmission
Data regarding the “real-world” effectiveness of community masking are limited to observational and epidemiological studies.

• An investigation of a high-exposure event, in which 2 symptomatically ill hair stylists interacted for an average of 15 minutes with each of 139 clients during an 8-day period, found that none of the 67 clients who subsequently consented to an interview and testing developed infection. The stylists and all clients universally wore masks in the salon as required by local ordinance and company policy at the time.32
  • In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.33
  • A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.34
  • A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.35
  • Investigations involving infected passengers aboard flights longer than 10 hours strongly suggest that masking prevented in-flight transmissions, as demonstrated by the absence of infection developing in other passengers and crew in the 14 days following exposure.36,37
Seven studies have confirmed the benefit of universal masking in community level analyses: in a unified hospital system,38 a German city,39 a U.S. state,40 a panel of 15 U.S. states and Washington, D.C.,41,42 as well as both Canada43 and the U.S.44 nationally. Each analysis demonstrated that, following directives from organizational and political leadership for universal masking, new infections fell significantly. Two of these studies42,44 and an additional analysis of data from 200 countries that included the U.S.45 also demonstrated reductions in mortality. An economic analysis using U.S. data found that, given these effects, increasing universal masking by 15% could prevent the need for lockdowns and reduce associated losses of up to $1 trillion or about 5% of gross domestic product.42

Conclusions
Experimental and epidemiological data support community masking to reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The prevention benefit of masking is derived from the combination of source control and personal protection for the mask wearer. The relationship between source control and personal protection is likely complementary and possibly synergistic14, so that individual benefit increases with increasing community mask use. Further research is needed to expand the evidence base for the protective effect of cloth masks and in particular to identify the combinations of materials that maximize both their blocking and filtering effectiveness, as well as fit, comfort, durability, and consumer appeal. Adopting universal masking policies can help avert future lockdowns, especially if combined with other non-pharmaceutical interventions such as social distancing, hand hygiene, and adequate ventilation.
Hello; I did not look at the links but only the printed proton. I think this could be classed as anecdotal evidence. Not a structured setup with only one variable and control standards.
The causes for the outcomes could be influences by a number of things other than mask wearing.
I do think you railed against anecdotal evidence a number of times in this thread.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I did not look at the links but only the printed proton. I think this could be classed as anecdotal evidence. Not a structured setup with only one variable and control standards.
The causes for the outcomes could be influences by a number of things other than mask wearing.
I do think you railed against anecdotal evidence a number of times in this thread.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to actually look at any of the many references to all the studies and papers. Might actually challenge your personal views.

Just more intellectual laziness.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The studies may be correct but they did not correlate to real world results

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
For over 120 years they have been searching for a "cure" for cancer, millions gone into research.
Yet they developed an "effective Vaccine within like 8 months for the most deadliest virus in modern day history that they knew nothing about . But it's wrong to Question the narrative
Your narrative is the only one worth questioning.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
The way the immune system works is if you get the virus and recover you are immune to that virus.

If you get vaccinated for a virus you are immune to that virus.

Or did the biology change for this virus?
You forgot about genetic drift - the natural changes and variants of a virus that develop over time. You're shortsighted bud. You gotta think more long term, play the long game as well.

Did you forget about the influenza virus? It comes back around each flu season and guess what - just because ya caught it last year doesn't mean you're immune to it this year.

You are using the word biology - but I don't think you know what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.