Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There is a difference between thinking critically and blind questioning. Don't mix up the two concepts.
Right back at you. You seem to be the one blindly following what you hear.

Differing thoughts are "dangerous!"
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Again, your thoughts are analogous to flat Earth beliefs.
I've never believed the Earth was flat. Care to enlighten me on what those beliefs are?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I've never believed the Earth was flat. Care to enlighten me on what those beliefs are?
Wow, I never said that you in fact think the Earth is flat but rather your thoughts were akin to flat Earth ideas.

Are you being pedantic or do you need a dictionary to keep up?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I think you need to look in the mirror.

Me pedantic? Ha!

Sponsored

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I had my series about a month and a half ago. First dose was a sore arm, second made me slightly ill for a day and a half. I'm glad I had it done.

Some people have very mild symptoms, and it's possible that I contracted the illness sometime during the past year and didn't realize it. I thought about having the antibody test, but the inaccuracies of those tests made me decide against it. My family has been very lucky in the pandemic, whereas coworkers of mine have not. A close friend of mine lost both his in-laws within a day of each other (they died in adjoining hospital rooms), and his wife is shattered, so he gets to deal with that now.

And a lot of attention is given to mortality rates, but it discounts the terrible effects many survivors will have to deal with for years to come. Even though I'm essentially unaffected directly by the virus it seems like a civic duty to follow basic precautions like mask wearing and vaccinating. Others would disagree.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For the love of....

You should do a search on "who you should never argue with".

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
He has some legit questions that you just ignore and call them "nonsense" or other dismissive terms.

Then you call thought that is different from yours as "dangerous"
Hello; When someone cannot refute an argument on merit they often resort to the sort of tactics we observe here. In essence I presented some ideas and was open to critiques of them. I got very little in the way of useful feedback. Just saying an idea is wrong or stupid does not refute it. Also the claim that answers were given is a misleading tactic. The main points were not addressed and often a response went to an only slightly related direction.
Perhaps the betted example is when I asked about updated survival rates and was directed to a site about the ongoing medical problems some survivors have. A covid19 issue but not one under discussion.

Anyway thanks for the support. I do not post for the likes of these who cannot make a valid argument and resort to name calling and snide remarks.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; When someone cannot refute an argument on merit they often resort to the sort of tactics we observe here. In essence I presented some ideas and was open to critiques of them. I got very little in the way of useful feedback. Just saying an idea is wrong or stupid does not refute it. Also the claim that answers were given is a misleading tactic. The main points were not addressed and often a response went to an only slightly related direction.
Perhaps the betted example is when I asked about updated survival rates and was directed to a site about the ongoing medical problems some survivors have. A covid19 issue but not one under discussion.

Anyway thanks for the support. I do not post for the likes of these who cannot make a valid argument and resort to name calling and snide remarks.
I've told you your arguments are based on an invalid premise. It is wrong to think that infection with a virus always confers more natural immunity vs immunity from vaccine. Some vaccines are better, some worse, some different. In fact, the evidence is leaning toward the vaccine is better regarding covid immunity. This is not some novel idea, just Google it if you don't believe me.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
These same "experts" said coastal cities and some islands would be under water by 2012.
You said "follow the science"

Scientists said the islands would be under water by 2012, or is it now 2112? 3112?

But we got to act NOW!!!
Thats a big stretch and its funny because it just shows your mentality and that you are incapable of a logical argument. This is literally the definition of a strawman argument. What "scientists" are you talking about?

You mean the "science" that gets reported in the media? So now you believe the media? Interesting how you only use the media when it benefits your narrative.

None of the papers I've seen have ever said anything like that and I'm currently doing a marine biology research project involving climate change. Only snipets of papers get reported on and they do that for shock value.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I've told you your arguments are based on an invalid premise. It is wrong to think that infection with a virus always confers more natural immunity vs immunity from vaccine. Some vaccines are better, some worse, some different. In fact, the evidence is leaning toward the vaccine is better regarding covid immunity. This is not some novel idea, just Google it if you don't believe me.
Hello; Again a misrepresentation of what I said. Again a sidetrack from my points. I even conceded in a recent post that a vaccine immunity may be better than a natural immunity. The point I am trying to make is that in this time of emergency, is the natural immunity to be good enough to give protection for those who have survived the infection once already? The simple fact they survived could be a clue. A very strong clue for those who survived on their own without medical help. That those with naturally acquired immunity can skip a vaccine and thus leave doses for those still at risk.
The premise is valid if in fact surviving the covid19 infection does cause a natural immune response.
The premise might be invalid if surviving a covid19 infection does not cause an immune response in a person. I will take it that now you are on the record that those who have survived the infection on their own do not have a sufficient immune response to ward off the virus if they encounter it again soon. Soon is important. Later there will be enough vaccine.
I am not quibbling over which immune response is the better, but wanting to know if a naturally acquired immune response ought to be sufficient to ward off a reinfection.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

You were consistently asking simple questions to an extremely complicated matter and expecting answers without knowing the complications.

After you couldn't get answers you began to say that you won't lol.

Not really sure what you were trying to get at.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You mean the "science" that gets reported in the media?
Yep.

What you can't understand sarcasm? When I was in grade school we were taught there would be an Ice age by 1980. When that didn't happen they said kids wouold never see snow by 2000 Ect ect ect........

I don't blindly believe so called scientists.
This is literally the definition of a strawman argument
No, another person keeps citing the wisdom of scientists. The ice age, global warming, ozone hole, and man made climate change predictions have not come true but still are reported as fact.

Why should we blindly follow the "science" when it comes to anything else?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Again a misrepresentation of what I said. Again a sidetrack from my points. I even conceded in a recent post that a vaccine immunity may be better than a natural immunity. The point I am trying to make is that in this time of emergency, is the natural immunity to be good enough to give protection for those who have survived the infection once already? The simple fact they survived could be a clue. A very strong clue for those who survived on their own without medical help. That those with naturally acquired immunity can skip a vaccine and thus leave doses for those still at risk.
The premise is valid if in fact surviving the covid19 infection does cause a natural immune response.
The premise might be invalid if surviving a covid19 infection does not cause an immune response in a person. I will take it that now you are on the record that those who have survived the infection on their own do not have a sufficient immune response to ward off the virus if they encounter it again soon. Soon is important. Later there will be enough vaccine.
I am not quibbling over which immune response is the better, but wanting to know if a naturally acquired immune response ought to be sufficient to ward off a reinfection.
For the 10th time then, NO.

Follow the recommended dosage regimen and stop trying to play armchair scientist.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.