Could i be losing 3rd gear?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Car is a 19 m6 with hellion sleeper kit on pump gas. 15k miles since I put the turbos on and over 63k total miles on the car. 1st and 2nd gear pull hard but the car seems to fall on its face in 3rd gear. Once I shift 4th it seems to pull harder than 3rd again. It used to feel like it pulled much harder in 3rd but I just don't know if it's me getting used to the feeling or an actual problem. Car hasn't been to the track but traps 123mph in Mexico with terrible traction, 2.20 60ft and does 60-130 in 8.9 seconds. This is on 6lbs of boost. Car also shifts good and drivability is great so I don't really have any symptoms to diagnose except "3rd gear doesn't feel fast anymore". I log it regularly and logs look spot on 99% of the time. Once in a while I'll get 1-2° of knock on the 2-3 shift but it's very far and few between. Any thoughts or ideas?
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Car is a 19 m6 with hellion sleeper kit on pump gas. 15k miles since I put the turbos on and over 63k total miles on the car. 1st and 2nd gear pull hard but the car seems to fall on its face in 3rd gear. Once I shift 4th it seems to pull harder than 3rd again. It used to feel like it pulled much harder in 3rd but I just don't know if it's me getting used to the feeling or an actual problem. Car hasn't been to the track but traps 123mph in Mexico with terrible traction, 2.20 60ft and does 60-130 in 8.9 seconds. This is on 6lbs of boost. Car also shifts good and drivability is great so I don't really have any symptoms to diagnose except "3rd gear doesn't feel fast anymore". I log it regularly and logs look spot on 99% of the time. Once in a while I'll get 1-2° of knock on the 2-3 shift but it's very far and few between. Any thoughts or ideas?
Do yourself a favor and make the switch! Lethal Performance Magnum XL T56 Transmission Swap Kit (2018 Mustang GT)

OP
OP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The plan is to go with a BC stage 2. Just not looking to do it right away if not necessary. Love the salesman advice though....

I did what any reasonable crazy person would do and up'd the boost from 6 to 8lbs. Nothing blew up so that's a good start. Lol. Shaved 1/2 a second off the 60-130 but still 3rd seems lackluster. When I shifted 4th the car pulled hard enough I felt like I was driving on ice and wanted to shit myself. Spoiler Alert... I did not crap my pants. :crackup:
Sponsored