Sponsored

3rd gear is gone

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Broke 3rd gear lastnight shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Thank god I was still able to drive home. All the other gears work but I can hear metal bouncing around inside the transmission. This is my only car. Will I be able to drive back and forth to work until I get it fixed? I have a RST clutch, aluminum driveshaft and MGW shifter. Thanks
Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Broke 3rd gear lastnight shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Thank god I was still able to drive home. All the other gears work but I can hear metal bouncing around inside the transmission. This is my only car. Will I be able to drive back and forth to work until I get it fixed? I have a RST clutch, aluminum driveshaft and MGW shifter. Thanks
Yeah until the metal from third gets into the other gears or stuck in a synchro. If you drive it too much with metal chunks in there you're going to have to replace more than just 3rd gear.

In my '14 v6 that let a synchro tooth go from 2nd gear, had damage to 3rd and 5th gear and 3rd gear synchro.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Damn it smh. It would've have missed up my clutch right? I just got it. First time I stabbed it after the break in period it broke smfh

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wouldn't continue to drive it. It could end up locking up on you and could even end up splitting the case.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
. Pissed off. Shit as transmission. Just got my supercharger, was about to put it on, now this smh. Getting it fixed for now but no hard shifts when the supercharger is put on. Granny shifting until I can get a tremec. I wish ford gave me the option to upgrade

Bomorgan123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost PP
. Pissed off. Shit as transmission. Just got my supercharger, was about to put it on, now this smh. Getting it fixed for now but no hard shifts when the supercharger is put on. Granny shifting until I can get a tremec. I wish ford gave me the option to upgrade
What happened with the repair, man? Everything work out for you?
Sponsored