Sponsored

CostCo Gas

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
My favorite are the absolute psychopaths that leave their car running while filling up with fuel because it's "hot outside."
Just curious, what's "psychopathic" about it?
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
having the engine on while you're filling it up with fuel? Massively dangerous
Yes, I gathered that's your opinion. I was asking for your reasoning.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Since the GT350R isn't my daily driver I try to only use 100 octane. It's expensive but nothing is too good for my baby! Anything wrong with using 100 octane exclusively, or am I just wasting my money?

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Since the GT350R isn't my daily driver I try to only use 100 octane. It's expensive but nothing is too good for my baby! Anything wrong with using 100 octane exclusively, or am I just wasting my money?
Where do you find 100 octane? The local airport?

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Uh... how does the engine running increase static electricity at the filler?

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
At the Conserv Gas Station on Betteravia in Santa Maria (near Home Depot). I think its about $8 per gallon.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
At the Conserv Gas Station on Betteravia in Santa Maria (near Home Depot). I think its about $8 per gallon.
Wow. Good to know. Not sure I'd drive the 20 miles down there to gas up.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
For me it's 40 miles of the best back country roads each way!
We're in the Pismo area. I might have to go down and take a sip to satisfy my curiosity.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
For me it's 40 miles of the best back country roads each way!
Thank you for the heads-up. I really thought you were yanking our chains. Last time I heard, the closest hi-octane gas was up in San Jose or Bakersfield.

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Where do you find 100 octane? The local airport?
Me I’m lucky, I have a dirt track 12 miles away so next month the Sunoco station starts with Sunoco Race, they’re virtually giving it away @ $9.75/gal, until then Costco 93 a@ $ 2.85.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy there is no Costco near my house... hate it. Junk bought by the volume...

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
Gasoline is shipped in pipelines in a relatively generic form. Various companies get their gas from the pipeline (which has at least a basic additive package) and then some companies add their own additive package to the fuel. Most of the majors (in fact, ALL of the majors) to the best of my knowledge meet the "top tier" standard (a standard developed by a group of large automobile manufacturers). Some off brands sell pipeline gas. Some use their own additive packages and some conform to the top tier standard. When I last checked the top tier web site, Costco met the top tier standard.

<TED>
I work in the oil industry and specialize in tank storage, so I work in the refineries and at the fuel distribution terminals throughout the West Coast. I can say this about any state that does not have a refinery in it, that all the gas you get is the "same" basic gas and that the additive packages are added at the "rack" when the truck is loaded. I have worked at the Kinder Morgan Terminal in Las Vegas and they receive all their gas, diesel and jet fuel from their terminal in Carson, CA through a pipeline that runs along I-15. At the terminal they have large tanks that have Regular Unleaded, Premium Unleaded, Diesel, and Jet Fuel. Then they have smaller tanks that have all the additive packages from all the major gas retailers. Costco here on the Western US uses Chevron's additive package. I don't know about other places where Chevron is not available what Costco uses. So you will see Chevron trucks next to an Arco truck next to a Rebel Oil truck at their rack. The only difference is the additive package being added.

The one area I think there is a problem with quality is BioDiesel and E85. There are too many small "batch" refineries making these products that don't have the control process in place to make consistent quality fuels. I watch these places run on shoestring budgets and cut corners to keep costs down.
Sponsored