RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
Hi All,

I wanted to gather some opinions on what is the best way to proceed for a daily driver. So the number one thing I would like to do is both give the my mustang a slightly sharper feeling (ie push it more towards a drivers car). The two issues I noticed that I kind of what to resolve is getting the front and rear to communicate with each other a bit better and when I do accelerations or coming out of entrance ramps I notice some wheel hop or squirm rolling onto the gas.

From the research I have gathered, I'm leaning towards the Steeda (or BMR equivalent products) IRS Support Braces and the 4-point G-Trac K member up front (and then possibly upsizing my wheel width to 10" in all four corners) but I want to know if I'm on the right track or not or if there is a better way to alleviate what I'm feeling. Additionally I'm leaning towards this route over the full stop the hop kit right now because I'm not sure I feel comfortable doing the bushing and alignment kit myself (yet, maybe I'll come around by the time I do it) and curious if the bracing is really all I need (I kind of feel the bracing is more cost effective along with the ease of install but feel free to correct me).

For reference I have a 400A GT/Cali Special without the performance pack, and I would not be doing these mods for at least another year most likely (as I'd do these in the garage in my house after buying said house, thanks flaming pile of poo housing market).

Should also mention that I will eventually start doing Open Track Days occasionally as well but not until after the car is fully paid off (planning for next spring on that). So I may edit or update my needs pending upon how I feel coming out of the first few track days.
Sponsored

s550gtbase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium
I just did the steeda 4 point k member brace and the GT350R strut tower brace on my 2023 GT Premium (no pp). The front end feels slightly sharper and I am happy with the purchase. The limiting factor for me now are the tires. I have the 20'' all-season and they are not happy with taking fast turns. Hope that helps

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I just did the steeda 4 point k member brace and the GT350R strut tower brace on my 2023 GT Premium (no pp). The front end feels slightly sharper and I am happy with the purchase. The limiting factor for me now are the tires. I have the 20'' all-season and they are not happy with taking fast turns. Hope that helps
Yeah not sure it does since my car came with the strut tower brace and front cowl brace from factory. I mean I suppose it would be a good idea irregardless to add the extra bracing underneath just to help keep things tight. Also asked on reddit and folks were saying the g trac helps alot more for tramlining when you move up to the big fat tire sizes (305 or higher).

Yeah definitely recommend just upgrading those all seasons. Even stock sizing, summer and winter tire combos just improve quality of life with the car immensely.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Yeah not sure it does since my car came with the strut tower brace and front cowl brace from factory. I mean I suppose it would be a good idea irregardless to add the extra bracing underneath just to help keep things tight. Also asked on reddit and folks were saying the g trac helps alot more for tramlining when you move up to the big fat tire sizes (305 or higher).

Yeah definitely recommend just upgrading those all seasons. Even stock sizing, summer and winter tire combos just improve quality of life with the car immensely.
The G-Track Extreme K member brace from Steeda is amazing! I had it on my last mustang and plan to buy it very soon for my new 23 GT. It definitely helps with turning stability and predictability. It'll help with cornering ability a little but the most important thing is you'll be able to feel exactly where the car is turning in. However, you will loose a bit of comfort and the front end is stiffened up quite a bit.

As far as wheels and tires I highly recommend running a 19x10 square set up with a 285/35 tire. I am running a set MPS A/S 4 and they're great and honestly are not far off the dry grip of the pilot sport 4s. The A/S 4 would be good for a beginner track day too :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Definitely do the IRS braces. Rear end feels a lot more planted with them. I have the Steed G Trac 2 point brace and the FP strut tower brace, cowl brace and cowl extension. It does give a more connected feel to the front end IMO.

Sponsored

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
If you have a PP1/2 car is there already a K brace or can you still add the Steeda?

SLB_GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP, Magnetic Gray.
...I'm leaning towards the Steeda (or BMR equivalent products) IRS Support Braces and the 4-point G-Trac K member up front (and then possibly upsizing my wheel width to 10" in all four corners)...
I pretty much did this exact thing on my 2016. Also added the subframe bushing support system and camber plates. I'm running 275's square and an extra degree or two of neg camber. I LOVE the feel of the car on the street and on mild track days.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
The G-Track Extreme K member brace from Steeda is amazing! I had it on my last mustang and plan to buy it very soon for my new 23 GT. It definitely helps with turning stability and predictability. It'll help with cornering ability a little but the most important thing is you'll be able to feel exactly where the car is turning in. However, you will loose a bit of comfort and the front end is stiffened up quite a bit.

As far as wheels and tires I highly recommend running a 19x10 square set up with a 285/35 tire. I am running a set MPS A/S 4 and they're great and honestly are not far off the dry grip of the pilot sport 4s. The A/S 4 would be good for a beginner track day too :like:
My plan is to get those wheels upgraded to 19x10, although I'm debating whether to do the sve350r ones or go with a six spoke I found granted sve is quite a bit lighter which is why I'm leaning towards those.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
If you have a PP1/2 car is there already a K brace or can you still add the Steeda?
From my understanding there is one on the pp packs, but my car is a non pp so I wouldnt have it. However the steeda/bmr variant even in 4 point form is quite a bit lighter.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
I pretty much did this exact thing on my 2016. Also added the subframe bushing support system and camber plates. I'm running 275's square and an extra degree or two of neg camber. I LOVE the feel of the car on the street and on mild track days.
Do you think the bushings are a must or a nice to have/do? What are you running your 275s at (19x9.5, 275/40, etc)?

Sponsored

SLB_GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP, Magnetic Gray.
I'd call the bushings a "nice to have". I did them because I've read they were recommended when stiffening the rear and I could afford them at the time.
Tires are 275/40-19's on stock PP rear wheels (9.5" wide). This setup requires using a spacer up front and extended wheel studs.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
There isn’t a factory k member brace.

OP
OP
RedTetsu13

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
There isn’t a factory k member brace.
I thought the I read somewhere that it was only if you got a performance pack (as its not necessarily req for you to drive on the road).

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
My plan is to get those wheels upgraded to 19x10, although I'm debating whether to do the sve350r ones or go with a six spoke I found granted sve is quite a bit lighter which is why I'm leaning towards those.
The SVE wheels are great! I run at 19x10 SVE M1 rep set that saved me 44 lbs of unsprung mass from the PP1 wheels. Massive difference in performance :like:
Sponsored