Corsa Extreme Cat-Back Feedback

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, Roush axlebacks. Had the Xtreme before, way too damn loud for a DD. These are borderline too loud, but I park with the tips facing away from any other building, and shift before 3k in daily driving :thumbsup:
Same, and fairly far away from the building too, but I shift higher than 3k after it's warm ;)

It's no obnoxious loud at any time, but people will notice. Loud/good sounding enough for people who like cars to give thumbs up, but not so loud that you're "that guy" everywhere you go. The Xtreme is like that.
Sponsored

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is there anything I can do to the extreme setup when I get headers to make it a bit deeper and not so loud

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Same, and fairly far away from the building too, but I shift higher than 3k after it's warm ;)

It's no obnoxious loud at any time, but people will notice. Loud/good sounding enough for people who like cars to give thumbs up, but not so loud that you're "that guy" everywhere you go. The Xtreme is like that.
Exactly. If I'm out to have fun, it's for sure higher than 3k lol

Is there anything I can do to the extreme setup when I get headers to make it a bit deeper and not so loud
If money was no object, ideal thing would be to get the Corsa Touring mufflers. Then with headers it'd be only slightly louder than the Xtreme, and a little bit deeper.

Otherwise, it's getting bullet style mufflers welded in-line with the system.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. If I'm out to have fun, it's for sure higher than 3k lol

If money was no object, ideal thing would be to get the Corsa Touring mufflers. Then with headers it'd be only slightly louder than the Xtreme, and a little bit deeper.

Otherwise, it's getting bullet style mufflers welded in-line with the system.
Having heard both, I am going to say that catted headers with the sport catback (touring mufflers) is not quite as loud as the Xtreme.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Having heard both, I am going to say that catted headers with the sport catback (touring mufflers) is not quite as loud as the Xtreme.
Tone is also probably far more exotic with the long tubes and touring mufflers vs just the extreme catback.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Cut off the rear X so you have a single X (that alone actually helps a little with rasp) and then weld in two dynomax race bullets on. The longest you can possibly fit on there which should be 18" case.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Tone is also probably far more exotic with the long tubes and touring mufflers vs just the extreme catback.
I'd say no actually. The sport mufflers are higher pitched and quite a bit louder vs. the touring in the sport catback. They're close, but the Xtreme would still get the nod for exotic sounding.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Riding next to the concrete interstate dividers though... hehe

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Cut off the rear X so you have a single X (that alone actually helps a little with rasp) and then weld in two dynomax race bullets on. The longest you can possibly fit on there which should be 18" case.
This is what I'm thinking about doing. Do you know if it'll still be loud like the extremes but just deeper?

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I have the Sport Cat-Back with no Cats and its loud...but sounds awesome. I think my set up sounds just like the Extreme Cat-Back with Cats. However, its a tad to loud for me under normal acceleration. It's hard to talk in the cabin with the windows up when coming up to speed from a light or getting on the freeway. At idle or once cursing its acceptable. As some others have stated...the more pedal you put into it the louder it gets.

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I added resonators to my Corsa Sport and it's a great sound. The start up is a little loud, but oh well.
X2, except I have the Extreme. Still LAF, but zero rasp

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This is what I'm thinking about doing. Do you know if it'll still be loud like the extremes but just deeper?
It will still be loud and almost identical tone but will be way less raspy. Bullets alone are somewhat high pitched especially with headers. Here is what Mine sounds like with just 18" case dynomax mid race bullets and mini bullets at collectors and no rear mufflers (I have 12" case bullets I will be welding on the rear right at the tips soon to take the volume down a little).
[ame]

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
What part # are you running on the Vibrants?
Sponsored