Convertible sub options.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Looking into what my options might be to getting a bit more low end in my convertible.
It's an '18 EcoBoost Premium without the Shaker, or whatever, system they put in that year and my DD. So there's not a sub in the trunk and I don't really want to give up that trunk space for one. My back seats are never used for passengers but I like having them in the car. It's possible I'd consider a seat delete but not real likely.
My ideas so far have been;
* Converting the rear side speakers into dedicated woofers.
* Mounting 1 or 2 speakers under the rear seat bases
* Taking the easy way out and getting a small powered sub tube to sit on the seat.
So, any thoughts on how those might work or any other ideas would be welcome.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The alpine mustang upgrade kit has a sub that mounts under the dash. Works great, but would take some work as it's not wired for a factory amplified car. But it could be done.

StevePogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible Premium Ecoboost
Looking into what my options might be to getting a bit more low end in my convertible.
It's an '18 EcoBoost Premium without the Shaker, or whatever, system they put in that year and my DD. So there's not a sub in the trunk and I don't really want to give up that trunk space for one. My back seats are never used for passengers but I like having them in the car. It's possible I'd consider a seat delete but not real likely.
My ideas so far have been;
* Converting the rear side speakers into dedicated woofers.
* Mounting 1 or 2 speakers under the rear seat bases
* Taking the easy way out and getting a small powered sub tube to sit on the seat.
So, any thoughts on how those might work or any other ideas would be welcome.
I know this post is old but when I was looking for a subwoofer solution for my convertible, articles were hard to find so I am posting this if it helps others.
I have the 9 speaker premium system and I installed the LC2i Pro that comes with the ACR-1 bass adjuster. Went with the Kicker CXA800.1 amp and the 44TL7S102 kicker sub in box. Hits hard for a square 10inch woofer.

9B71A910-4956-4066-86F2-208FC1E4E33E.jpeg

7F5DCA2D-5776-471A-9C55-713B138EA519.jpeg

B7FAE9CB-0AD2-4701-9475-47C7C2A68A8A.jpeg
Sponsored