Convenience Package Seats

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The leather seats will work fine for any activity. I have no issues autocrossing my Tech Pack, and I have had a couple of seasoned instructors (15-20 years experience) take my car around the course. They were surprised at how much support the "sofa seats" provide for racing.
Also, if you are going to have kids in the back, the leather seats are a must have option.
Why do you say that? Stains or another reason? Unless the kid gets sick, I don't see any stains happening. She isn't going to be eating or drinking back there. We won't be going anywhere far enough for that nonsense
Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Do not know why everyone is calling the sofa seats "leather"....
Since they only have a thin sliver of leather on the sides of the seat.
Most of the seat is synthetic, a type of alcantara material.

OP
OP

gurneyeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anyone seen a LB with white stripes and convenience seats for sale?

that color combo has me hooked. All I can find are solid color or black stripes with the convenience seats, or white stripes w recaro
Do a search on Autotrader.com; I've seen several. :thumbsup:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Just my 2 cents worth here. I got a track pack 2016 and really didn't have a choice so it had the Recaros. I'm 6' about 230 and didn't like the Recaros for street driving so I bought a pair of 2015 cloth buckets from a GT at a wrecking yard and had them installed. Much better for general driving. I also track the car now and then and the Recaros would be better for those events but I drive it much more on the street than the track. Now since I've done this with the cloth seats I might have been wiser to have spent the additional money and got some leather seats from a GT as they are more comfortable than the cloth ones. If I can find them cheap enough I might still do that...just have to see. It all boils down to personal preference so you should definitely spend some time in both before you decide.

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Do a search on Autotrader.com; I've seen several. :thumbsup:
That seems to be the only way to find them now. I looked on Ford's site and even cars I know are leather equipped are listed on their site now as Recaro cloth. There is a Grabber Blue one about 30 min away that has the leather I've even sat in and it shows as Recaro on their inventory.

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I am in a similar situation, I just placed an order for a 17, hoping for the convenience package but now that's not available anymore. MSRP deals are hard to come by in CA and I will be trading in my 16 Tech which I loved the seats in. Not sure if that should be a deal breaker for me or not, I sat in the recaros for a few minutes and didn't think they where uncomfortable, but I know my girl will not be happy since she likes the heated and cooled ones, its not her $$. Haha!

I got my car over a year ago before all these heating issues where known, had to get out of state, still contemplating this whole situation but if I back out they will sell the car no problem anyway. Decisions..... :shrug:

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Went and sat in Recaros today, definitely a no-go. Super tight on my hips. I'm not a small dude at 6'4 235lb, but this was really uncomfortable. Reminded me of a bulkhead seat on an airliner. Plenty of legroom but nowhere for hips. Sad part is it seems almost impossible to find a LB with white stripes and the convenience pkg.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I got sofa seats and they don't provide much more width just softer bolsters and sit even higher. Maybe Ford will fix this on the 2018's. I'm ordered a replacement seat will provide picks if they fit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree that the seats got narrow in the 2015+ models - uncomfortably so for me at least. I found the 2011 Mustang seats much more comfortable. Although the GT350 tech seats seem to have broken down more quickly than those in the base 2015 GT I owned previously.

Not only is the base too narrow for me, but so is the back. It's a little uncomfortable when the seat back only touches your lats and your upper back is hanging in the air.

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Although the GT350 tech seats seem to have broken down more quickly than those in the base 2015 GT I owned previously.
Is that common with the convenience package seats? Recaros don't fit so the leather was the obvious choice, but not if they fall apart quickly.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
lets hope ford has somebody reading this forum! Several dealers has used cars. Reason uncomfortable
Sponsored