TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Not sure what you mean by not having the right holes. Mine went in/on totally fine and installed new rubber air seal pieces that go over the headlights on the hood as well.
The tube for the windshield wiper sprayers was mounted in like 5 sports and with this hood it’s only two I think, a couple of the mounts are just hanging there. Yours looks the same unless I’m trippin..?
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
The tube for the windshield wiper sprayers was mounted in like 5 sports and with this hood it’s only two I think, a couple of the mounts are just hanging there. Yours looks the same unless I’m trippin..?
I’ll have to look n see then. Lol. Maybe.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
My MP Concepts one was installed earlier this week. He told me that he had to cut the wiper fluid line and he used a T or something to connect it back together. I can try to get pics if it would help.

He also put the hood liner from the stock hood on there. If you are running no liner, is your hood getting very hot? I have a roush blower so I kinda worry about that lol.

20220519_084136.jpg
20220518_185740.jpg
20220518_162927.jpg

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
My MP Concepts one was installed earlier this week. He told me that he had to cut the wiper fluid line and he used a T or something to connect it back together. I can try to get pics if it would help.

He also put the hood liner from the stock hood on there. If you are running no liner, is your hood getting very hot? I have a roush blower so I kinda worry about that lol.

20220519_084136.jpg
20220518_185740.jpg
20220518_162927.jpg
I thought about that but figured covering the louvers would make more heat than nothing at all… @sabtaj1 has a blower on his and doesn’t run a liner as well. He’s selling the car so there’s a thread somewhere with a ton of pics of it.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I thought about that but figured covering the louvers would make more heat than nothing at all… @sabtaj1 has a blower on his and doesn’t run a liner as well. He’s selling the car so there’s a thread somewhere with a ton of pics of it.
But if you have the rain tray attached, you aren't getting any airflow out of there are you? Asking because I haven't looked closely at it. I'll look for his pics

Edit: my rain tray looks like it gives no airflow

20220519_085752.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
But if you have the rain tray attached, you aren't getting any airflow out of there are you? Asking because I haven't looked closely at it. I'll look for his pics
According to Ford (regarding the GT500) the rain tray affects aerodynamics but not airflow as it relates to cooling properties of the louvers.

That being said, I don’t run the rain tray.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
According to Ford (regarding the GT500) the rain tray affects aerodynamics but not airflow as it relates to cooling properties of the louvers.

That being said, I don’t run the rain tray.
I edited my post above with a pic of my rain tray because I think you have a different brand hood. But yeah, I was hoping that I could leave it open and maybe help vent a little of that extra heat. I just didn't want to melt the louver lol. I am sure that it has at least a minor cooling effect.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

20220519_084136.jpg
20220518_185740.jpg
First, beautiful machine! Is that Cargbonized Grey?

Next, are you running the stock hood liner? Doesn't that block the rain tray and vent on the hood entirely?!?!

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
First, beautiful machine! Is that Cargbonized Grey?

Next, are you running the stock hood liner? Doesn't that block the rain tray and vent on the hood entirely?!?!
Thank you! Yes it is. Mods are in my sig. Only had it about 3 weeks so I've been busy! But I love the stance,wheels, and color combo with the black accent package.

I had the hood painted and put on a couple days ago. The installer put the stock hood liner on when he installed the hood, and I was actually in here asking about how others were doing it. It does block the rain tray and vent, but it looks like the rain tray completely blocks the vent anyway. I wanted to get a little input before I removed the liner and maybe the rain tray, since I have a roush blower and it gets mighty hot. Didn't want to risk damaging the paint or warping the louver or anything.

Edit: if I remove the rain tray, there is not just a single hole under the louver. I think there are 4 holes with a cross of metal between them. I'd love to hack that cross off, but I'm sure it serves a reinforcing purpose so I'll leave it alone. Pic below

20220504_184838.jpg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thank you! Yes it is. Mods are in my sig. Only had it about 3 weeks so I've been busy! But I love the stance,wheels, and color combo with the black accent package.
Same same. Nice ride. Clearly a man of intelligence and refinement with that colour schema choice ;)

I had the hood painted and put on a couple days ago. The installer put the stock hood liner on when he installed the hood, and I was actually in here asking about how others were doing it. It does block the rain tray and vent, but it looks like the rain tray completely blocks the vent anyway. I wanted to get a little input before I removed the liner and maybe the rain tray, since I have a roush blower and it gets mighty hot. Didn't want to risk damaging the paint or warping the louver or anything.
If I was King for a Day I'd say strip the liner, order a GT500 liner and install that; it is designed to fit after all. Then adjust the rain tray to allow a little air through. It's not there so much for heat soak venting as it is for aerodynamics but remember that is on a GT500. Why? Because the GT500 front bumper cover has a larger intake than a Las Vegas stripper and all that air needs to go somewhere. No airflow creates a positive pressure zone in the engine bay which can F with systems in addition to creating drag.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Edit: if I remove the rain tray, there is not just a single hole under the louver. I think there are 4 holes with a cross of metal between them. I'd love to hack that cross off, but I'm sure it serves a reinforcing purpose so I'll leave it alone. Pic below

20220504_184838.jpg
That hood is a lot different than the Vicrez one I (and a few others on here) have, where the louvers are is just a big hole. I have just the louvers on and it’s wide open to the engine. I believe a ton of heat leaves through the opening so I’m not worried about the hood getting so hot it warps or anything. If you stand at the driver door you can see the engine clear as day through the louvers.

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

20220504_184838.jpg
1653069777727.jpeg

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Same same. Nice ride. Clearly a man of intelligence and refinement with that colour schema choice ;)

If I was King for a Day I'd say strip the liner, order a GT500 liner and install that; it is designed to fit after all. Then adjust the rain tray to allow a little air through. It's not there so much for heat soak venting as it is for aerodynamics but remember that is on a GT500. Why? Because the GT500 front bumper cover has a larger intake than a Las Vegas stripper and all that air needs to go somewhere. No airflow creates a positive pressure zone in the engine bay which can F with systems in addition to creating drag.
I'm not sure how often ive been accused of that, but I'll take it! I'm having a dumb moment I'm sure, but how do you know my name? Lol.

I dont mind the stock front fascia, so I probably won't get a gt500. That does make sense. I'm honestly more likely to remove the stock liner and stay with no liner than I am to order another. So I'm probably looking at either keep it as is (probably not), remove the liner and keep the rain tray, or remove the liner and the rain tray and try to open up the hood between the rain tray and the fascia. It would be nice to be able to see the blower through the fascia if it wouldn't screw anything up.

That hood is a lot different than the Vicrez one I (and a few others on here) have, where the louvers are is just a big hole. I have just the louvers on and it’s wide open to the engine. I believe a ton of heat leaves through the opening so I’m not worried about the hood getting so hot it warps or anything. If you stand at the driver door you can see the engine clear as day through the louvers.
I like that a lot more. I have a boatload of stuff to do this weekend, but I may be taking a grinder to the hood if I have time lol. That was one thing that I kinda wanted with the hood (the engine visibility).

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
From some front angles I feel like it looks a little splayed out, but that's just me. I like the stock one enough that I don't think I want to pay for the gt500 one, have it painted, and then try to put it on without breaking those damn clips in the fender wells. I am pretty much done with my aesthetic mods minus getting the hood striped and the windows tinted. Next batch of cash will go towards fuel system and maybe a whipple. Or might just drop a pulley size or two, get some meth, and call it a day. I could buy a nicely set up roller and buy some go fast parts on the cheap if I keep my eye out, and have a proper race car on the side. I don't really want to mess with this one too much since I want to keep it a manual.
Sponsored