Clunking Noise....

Take23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Silverado
Just finished installing BMR SM760 ( Rear Shock Mount), BMR CB005 (Subframe), Ford Performance Track Shocks, and BMR SP763 (Lowering Springs). The car has not been aligned yet post install.

I took it for a quick spin around the block and noticed a clunking or crashing sound from the right rear. I have double checked all the hardware and everything is torqued to spec. I think it sounds like the shock mounts and before I start ripping parts off and putting stock ones back on I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something like this or can point me in the right direction.

I appreciate any help and insight.

Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP

Take23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Silverado
Solved my own problem. The shock mount was the cause.

OP
OP

Take23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Silverado
Now it's back so I was wrong. Pulled the shock out and re installed everything same issues.

Last edited:

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Is there anyway to get a video of the noise? I'm about to install a bunch of BMR goodies and want to know what to look for if this happens lol.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
There's a lot of things that can make noises back there, unfortunately. The most important troubleshooting step is identifying exactly when the noise occurs and how to reproduce it. That helps narrow down where the noise is coming from.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Take23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2013 chevy Silverado
There's a lot of things that can make noises back there, unfortunately. The most important troubleshooting step is identifying exactly when the noise occurs and how to reproduce it. That helps narrow down where the noise is coming from.
I'm going to try the stock shock mounts and I'll report back on if that helps.

Just got back from a test drive with the stock mounts and it didnt make any noise. I'm just going to keep it this way and try to send the mounts back to bmr.

Nick

Last edited: