Sponsored

Rear clunking noise after lowering

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT CS
I just changed out stock springs to eibach pro lowering springs, I am hearing a clunking noise in the rear suspension at low speeds. I torqued down all the bolts that I touched to specs, but I’m still getting the noise. I’m thinking the springs aren’t seated correctly but I made sure the spring bumpers touch the notch on the lower control arm ? This is really getting me heated every time I drive! Can someone please help me !! Thank you in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT CS
I’m also wondering if I have to get another alignment is I do adjust the springs but only in the rear !

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
No

..stiffler..

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt convertible
Did you figure this out?? I'm getting a clunk as well..

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Does it sound kinda like an impact wrench hitting the underside of your floorboards?

I've been under the impression that the sound I'm hearing in my car (which I purchased already lowered) is the exhaust,which seems like it was installed by a welder-happy Stevie Wonder for a multitude of reasons, including one of the clamps mounted with the nuts facing upward and WELDED TO THE PIPE. One of the reasons I hit up @beefcake for a new exhaust which should be shipping soon.

If it's not the exhaust clamp banging on the underside of the car, I'll be watching this thread for your solution.
Sponsored