Sponsored

Clunk from right rear after suspension install.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Did you check the axle thrust washer ?
Thanks for the suggestion. I did mention this to him and he checked but had already said that you would know if it was because it would happen on acceleration and deceleration.
He, I believe found the issue and will be pulling the subframe down tomorrow to inspect and reinstall, the microphones are picking up the most sound there.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
you would know if it was because it would happen on acceleration and deceleration.
Not always. Mine only did it in reverse. Anyways hope it gets fixed.

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have the same clunking issue at low speeds on my rear drivers side beneath the rear glass. I'll have my whiteline endlinks and sway bar checked out. @DadzMach did you ever have the issues resolved?

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I had a noise similar and discovered the upper bolt on one of the rear vertical links was loose. Snugged it to proper torque and no more noise.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
My car is fixed, I think. I got it back from the shop and was able to hear a noise from the left rear once the really loud noise on the right was fixed. I really haven’t driven the car much, but was driving it yesterday over a very bumpy road and heard nothing. So I really don’t know what fixed it, or if it really is, but as of yesterday it was noise free.
I plan on going for a long drive today to verify.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Digging up this old thread in case someone goes through this as well :)
I've just done camber arms and vertical links on the rear and I have also "clunk" on the rear left only when riding on deep potholes (or let's say something which causes a very fast compression of the suspension).
As this sound is really high pitched I suspect : something (sway bar ?) touching the exhaust, or the sway bar end links (I might have worn out some of them while removing them as they were really rusty). Anyway, not a big deal, it doesn't happen 99% of time, I'll check back on it when installing the FP Track Handling Pack.
With a good alignment done the behavior of the car has already been greatly improved ! Exiting a corner put a smile on my face every time now :)
Sponsored