OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
So glad you're happy with the upgrades! It was great meeting you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You too David, everyone there was great and I envy what you guys get to do every day!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Update on rear end fix:

First estimate from local dealership was $2300 including tax/parts/labor.

That includes $967 for the rear black panel that has the "GT" on it. Ford Racing one is anywhere from $99 to $139 so most likely going that route unless anyone has a non damaged one from replacing theirs they'd like to sell?

This is replacing only the rear panel and fascia/valance that is roughed up, everything else being repaired including both dents in trunk and bumper being re painted.

I am pricing some items separately to see what I can save, and at least at this point am leaning toward paying to fix it myself vs. going through insurance.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Check eBay for the taillight panel, usually there are a lot of cheap, new take-offs.

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Check eBay for the taillight panel, usually there are a lot of cheap, new take-offs.
Great idea, thanks man. Now I can choose between a factory take-off for around $70 or get the Ford Racing one....decisions...

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Thanks to Strokerswild I bought a take-off GT rear panel off eBay for $70. Sure beats the hell out of $967 for that through dealer.

But just a heads up LevittownFordSuperCenter beat the crap out of my dealers pricing on everything so it is absolutely in your best interest to shop around and price anything out through them.

Got the rear valence piece for $75 opposed to list price of $110 through my dealer.

Once I get everything I'll schedule the work to be done and hopefully it won't take more than 2-3 days for it all.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Glad to hear you are getting some good deals to fix the damage.

The car looks great in those pictures with the wheels. They really are perfect!!

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Alright time to post a few pics of the car lowered now that the rear end is fixed.

Not the best ones from my cell phone but I figured I'd show the car stock, on the Vossen wheels, and then lowered on Steeda springs. Hopefully these aren't way huge for you all.

Stock
Vossen wheels stock springs
Vossen wheels + Steeda springs
Stock.jpg
Vossen Stock Springs.jpg
Vossen Steeda Springs.jpg

OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
And just a few more for the hell of it.
Front.jpg
Side1.jpg
Side2.jpg

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Car looks awesome!! The wheels and springs with that ride height is perfect!!

Glad you got it back and all fixed up.

You liking all the suspension components?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clink

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Car looks awesome!! The wheels and springs with that ride height is perfect!!

Glad you got it back and all fixed up.

You liking all the suspension components?
Thanks man! Comparing the height to the first pics I have it's night and day, looks so much better. Dealership fixed it up nicely and said they had more people coming back into the collision center to walk around my car than the new ones on the lot.

I love everything still, and funny you ask. I actually think what little whine I'm getting may be due to the MT-82 bushing so I'm going to dig into that a bit when I have more time in the next few weeks to see if some other folks think the same after riding around in it. It really doesn't bug me at all so I'm in no rush to tear anything apart.

Have your wheels hit the port yet?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! Comparing the height to the first pics I have it's night and day, looks so much better. Dealership fixed it up nicely and said they had more people coming back into the collision center to walk around my car than the new ones on the lot.

I love everything still, and funny you ask. I actually think what little whine I'm getting may be due to the MT-82 bushing so I'm going to dig into that a bit when I have more time in the next few weeks to see if some other folks think the same after riding around in it. It really doesn't bug me at all so I'm in no rush to tear anything apart.

Have your wheels hit the port yet?
Glad to hear they did a great job! Your car looks awesome with the wheels and as David said, the stance is on point.

Nope. Wheels have not hit the port. I hope to have them the first week of August.
Sponsored