Sponsored

magnetic street/strip build

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I do like the look of the smaller wheels and bigger side wall tyres. Looks more Muscle Car.

No problems clearing the brakes I presume?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium, 1992 mustang lx 5.0
hows the Shaft Masters? Was debating on DSS and whether to wait till ford releases theirs.
I love it. Direct fit. Bolt it on and go. No fitment issues or vibration, and the clunk from stopping that a lot of people have with stock 2 piece is gone.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on MOTM!

I'm excited for the new numbers with the CJ Manifold kit, and other goodies. :headbang:

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
So the only thing you did to clear the Cj manifold is notch the stock hood??? Oooooh this is promising.

Matt

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a few vacation photos from Gatlinburg TN. Tried to make it to tail of the dragon in NC but weather was not the greatest so never made it.
Vacation edit 6.jpg
Vacation edit 2.jpg
Vacation edit 3.jpg
Vacation edit 4.jpg
Vacation edit 5.jpg

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What Circle D converter did you go with?

Car looks great with the mods. Friends and I go to the Tail of the Dragon every year. The roads are so amazing down there. Especially compared to the straight and pot hole filled roads around here in Chicago. haha

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went with the 4c just because I drive my car a lot. Didn't want to have a huge stall. If I just raced or drove less I would have went bigger though.

What Circle D converter did you go with?

Car looks great with the mods. Friends and I go to the Tail of the Dragon every year. The roads are so amazing down there. Especially compared to the straight and pot hole filled roads around here in Chicago. haha

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Went with the 4c just because I drive my car a lot. Didn't want to have a huge stall. If I just raced or drove less I would have went bigger though.
OK. I was curious with the 60' times. I have the 4C with a stock intake, 3.15 gear, and 28.7" tall tire. I only got out once but went 1.63 so far. After that and the street manners of the 4c, I with I had gone 5c or bigger. I might swap to that and then go with the CJ set up. My 2011 GT 6M went 11.2 @ 120 with the CJ. I hope I can get my 2015 to do the same. I don't think the 4c will cut it.

Good luck with the car. Looks sharp for sure. That color looks great.

OP
OP

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got some more testing and data logging done over the weekend. Hoping once I hear back from lund it should be working a little better. I had shock settings pretty far off based on old setup. 1.560ft should be doable off footbrake once I get it all figured out. I wish I had 3.15 gear like you do. But I will wait till I go boost to swap to that. Hoping to do some 1/4mile this coming weekend so if that happens I will have some updates.

OK. I was curious with the 60' times. I have the 4C with a stock intake, 3.15 gear, and 28.7" tall tire. I only got out once but went 1.63 so far. After that and the street manners of the 4c, I with I had gone 5c or bigger. I might swap to that and then go with the CJ set up. My 2011 GT 6M went 11.2 @ 120 with the CJ. I hope I can get my 2015 to do the same. I don't think the 4c will cut it.

Good luck with the car. Looks sharp for sure. That color looks great.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ya, I think a mid to high 1.5x is where I might be able to get with the 4c. But I need to get lower than that to get the car into the 10.8-10.9 range. I have not been able to get to the track much this past year. Need to make time to get out there more. Just figuring out what drive mode and shifter mode has been an interesting test. lol Wasted my day at the track just trying different set ups there. Didn't even get to try different launch rpm. haha But I hope to get more testing and then start buying some adjustable parts on the suspension to dial it in more. Testing is half the fun.

OP
OP

Stangrcr67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed! the testing can be a pain, but I love it. I was stoked to finally figure out tire pressure and shock settings on the street. Now to play with launch rpm a little more and I should be good to go.

Ya, I think a mid to high 1.5x is where I might be able to get with the 4c. But I need to get lower than that to get the car into the 10.8-10.9 range. I have not been able to get to the track much this past year. Need to make time to get out there more. Just figuring out what drive mode and shifter mode has been an interesting test. lol Wasted my day at the track just trying different set ups there. Didn't even get to try different launch rpm. haha But I hope to get more testing and then start buying some adjustable parts on the suspension to dial it in more. Testing is half the fun.
Sponsored