Clicking sound while turning right

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I’m curious about the wheel bearing part number they used for your car. The 1104-G is supposed to be the rear for everything except GT350/GT350R. 1104-F is for the GT350 Front and 1104-E is for the 350R rear. This is per the Blue Springs Ford Parts catalog. I’m thinking about doing the replacement myself instead of letting the dealer do it. At this point it’s only a slight tic under cornering from my left rear.

Also: has anyone just tried re-torquing their rear wheel bearing nut in case it wasn’t properly torqued from the factory?
oh man, I didnt catch that it might be the wrong part. That is odd. For warranty work they pull the VIN and order parts off that and if the dealer used the wrong part Ford would deny the warranty claim.

And yes, first thing I tried was rotate and re torque to 150ft lbs. Went away for 100 miles then came back and got louder mile by mile. Went away after I had the hub replaced.
Sponsored

cagt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anybody have any luck fixing it in the last month? I have had the tick since new on my 19 and the noise has change significantly over the few thousand miles I've had it. At first, it sounded like an insect clicking - I actually thought that's what it was the first time I took it up in the mountains after break in, but then realized that I was only hearing them when turning. Now, it sounds like a nail in the tire. I assumed at first that it was just the rotors and pads knocking around bc I've had that on a few cars and seems inherent to the Bremo style caliper and especially with floating rotors, but the new noise is bothering me. I have had sorta clunkier clicks from cars before running r-comps (R888, RA1, etc) and swapping them around to different corners always fixed it, but this is a much sharper noise. I rather not have the car live at the dealership (like my previous Boss did) so if nobody has had a wheel come off I am going to try to ignore it until it gets worse.

madusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Anybody have any luck fixing it in the last month? I have had the tick since new on my 19 and the noise has change significantly over the few thousand miles I've had it. At first, it sounded like an insect clicking - I actually thought that's what it was the first time I took it up in the mountains after break in, but then realized that I was only hearing them when turning. Now, it sounds like a nail in the tire. I assumed at first that it was just the rotors and pads knocking around bc I've had that on a few cars and seems inherent to the Bremo style caliper and especially with floating rotors, but the new noise is bothering me. I have had sorta clunkier clicks from cars before running r-comps (R888, RA1, etc) and swapping them around to different corners always fixed it, but this is a much sharper noise. I rather not have the car live at the dealership (like my previous Boss did) so if nobody has had a wheel come off I am going to try to ignore it until it gets worse.
I recently Purchased aftermarket wheel/tires and the clicking went away. I only have about 100 miles on them but so far I have no clicking noise. I’ll report back once I put more miles.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I think it's the removal and reinstallation of the wheels that is quieting it down. I rotated mine and it went away. For now.

Matthew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Leadfoot Grey GT350
Check the barrel of the wheel for road gunk stuck in there hitting the brake caliper and check the lugnut torque. Had both happen to me.

Sponsored

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350; Previous: 2017 GT350, 2016 GT350, 2012 BMW 135i
Took my GT350 in for a fourth attempt at resolving the clicking from the driver's rear. This time they replaced both half shafts. Noise went away. I've driven it 1,000+ miles since. I heard something about replacing both half shafts somewhere else before. Not sure why both but regardless it's seems resolved. I've been driving the crap out of it!

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke with the owner of a performance shop today and he mentioned to keep an eye on the the rear hub assemblies if tracking my GT350R...particularly the passenger side. Just thought I'd share in case there's some relation to what others have been experiencing and haven't explored this area. Unfortunately, I don't have specifics but will share if it comes up again.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I had clicking mixed with a slight grinding noise on wheel roll.

Dealer replaced 2 bad wheel bearing hubs. Just before my warranty expires. Now I'm thinking maybe I should get an extended warranty.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Hey Everyone,

So I was out last night and I noticed this clicking sound coming from what sounded like the front right tire/wheel and it only occurs when turning right. The clicking increased in frequency as the speed of the car increases. I took a look and couldn't really see anything in there. Anybody have an issue like this in the past?
Didn’t read the whole thread but I had a similar issue. My problem was a bad wheel bearing. It’s an easy fix at the dealership.

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took my GT350 in for a fourth attempt at resolving the clicking from the driver's rear. This time they replaced both half shafts. Noise went away. I've driven it 1,000+ miles since. I heard something about replacing both half shafts somewhere else before. Not sure why both but regardless it's seems resolved. I've been driving the crap out of it!
After more than 1,000 miles without noticing any noise, the ticking has come back. When I say I have been driving the crap out of it, I mean putting a lot of miles on it for a weekend car. I have not been driving hard, just often. Ford has been aware of the return of the noise for two weeks and cannot come up with a next step. Maybe 2 piece rotors? Maybe one of the previous replaced parts went bad? Anyone have any suggestions? This is very frustrating and takes the enjoyment out of the car not knowing what it is or if it's even a safety concern.

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Knock wood... I don't think I've heard my clicking since I rotated the tires. And I've had the wheels off since then. Car and Driver said their noise went away not when they rotated tires, but when the removed and re- mounted tires or something really inexplicable, which they pointed out.

I figure there have been no reported safety issues, just the clicking noise, so I just consider it a characteristic of the car and ignore it, like piston slap. If something eventually falls off, then I'll know what it was and it'll be replaced under warranty.

Just think, 20 to 50 years from now when people might actually be collecting these cars, this will be topic for conversation.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Knock wood... I don't think I've heard my clicking since I rotated the tires. And I've had the wheels off since then. Car and Driver said their noise went away not when they rotated tires, but when the removed and re- mounted tires or something really inexplicable, which they pointed out.

I figure there have been no reported safety issues, just the clicking noise, so I just consider it a characteristic of the car and ignore it, like piston slap. If something eventually falls off, then I'll know what it was and it'll be replaced under warranty.

Just think, 20 to 50 years from now when people might actually be collecting these cars, this will be topic for conversation.
The
After more than 1,000 miles without noticing any noise, the ticking has come back. When I say I have been driving the crap out of it, I mean putting a lot of miles on it for a weekend car. I have not been driving hard, just often. Ford has been aware of the return of the noise for two weeks and cannot come up with a next step. Maybe 2 piece rotors? Maybe one of the previous replaced parts went bad? Anyone have any suggestions? This is very frustrating and takes the enjoyment out of the car not knowing what it is or if it's even a safety concern.
did you have them replace the hub and wheel bearing yet?
I bet that’s the cause. Most of the hub noises I’ve had went away after rotating wheels for a hundred miles, then came back because it places new forces on the hub, but does not fix the issue. There is a nut and washer in the hub that likes to make noise. I think the washer cracks and causes the noise. But that’s speculation since I didn’t see the washer personally.

After Ford replaced my hub, it went away for
Good.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Recently replaced the stock lugnuts with Gorrillas, torqued to 150, clicking gone. 2hr+ on track and an additional ~400mi driven to the track and back, clicking has not returned yet.

Unless it's a safety issue or will cause something else to break, I don't plan on doing anything to eliminate the clicking other than rotating the tires.

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The

did you have them replace the hub and wheel bearing yet?
I bet that’s the cause. Most of the hub noises I’ve had went away after rotating wheels for a hundred miles, then came back because it places new forces on the hub, but does not fix the issue. There is a nut and washer in the hub that likes to make noise. I think the washer cracks and causes the noise. But that’s speculation since I didn’t see the washer personally.

After Ford replaced my hub, it went away for
Good.
Yes, they replaced the hub assembly and nut on the second attempt. I have not seen the washer that your referring to either. Maybe someone knows for sure??

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I totally forgot, this needs mentioning:

With stock alignment, the clicking started from the right, only while turning. It eventually got worse, but not terrible, with barely noticeable clicking at all times, and more clicking/louder from both sides while turning.

Then I dialed in more camber all around for track day.

With more camber being the only change, the clicking was absolutely obnoxious at all times, 20x louder, the car definitely would draw attention just rolling through a parking lot. This seems to be inline with what everyone has assumed about the hub - with everything under more angular stress, the 'broken washer' theory definitely seemed to make sense to me.

Pulled all the wheels off, put on new lugnuts torqued to 150, no more clicky.
Sponsored