Clear VLand Taillights

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have a new, in the box, set of the Euro style clear lens tail lights. They do not have "DOT/CSA" stampings anywhere I noted.
As such, has anyone on the board with them installed been hassled by law enforcement ? Especially, CA ..............
I ask as I make a trip to the bay area from TX several times a year to visit my grandchildren and I do not wish to draw the attention of law enforcement.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
As long as they light up red it should be ok

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
:) That is my thought. I was simply before installing the wondering if any on the left coast had had an issue with law enforcement.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I have a new, in the box, set of the Euro style clear lens tail lights. They do not have "DOT/CSA" stampings anywhere I noted.
As such, has anyone on the board with them installed been hassled by law enforcement ? Especially, CA ..............
I ask as I make a trip to the bay area from TX several times a year to visit my grandchildren and I do not wish to draw the attention of law enforcement.
No issues. They light light up red and when your automatic lighting is turned on or comes on while it dark.They are red as well .once you step on the breaks they get brighter red. This picture is just the auto lights.
Screenshot_20210926-101221_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Thank you. I was hoping a CA member would respond. :rockon:

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
You still need reflectors on each side of the rear of the vehicle. That’s why US taillights have red reflective lenses on part of the housing. Will you get stopped for just clear lenses? Probably not, but I got stopped constantly back when clear lenses came out that didn’t have them back in the day.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
You still need reflectors on each side of the rear of the vehicle. That’s why US taillights have red reflective lenses on part of the housing. Will you get stopped for just clear lenses? Probably not, but I got stopped constantly back when clear lenses came out that didn’t have them back in the day.
I remember those days...the days of Tribal tats and backwards hats..and clear chrome taillight on the chevy s10🤣

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
I have them here in TX. I’ve been stopped a time or two for other things and not a problem . My town police love to pull over the muscle car guys for anything from tint to front license plate to loud exhaust but never said anything about taillight. There are still the red reflectors above exhaust tips. I’ve since installed clear sidemarkers also with no hassle from John Q Law.
Semper Fi brother.
20C18449-7C6E-4E8F-870E-5D230CA6CE9F.jpeg

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I forgot about the two reflectors above the mufflers. Shows how much attention I pay to the back of the car lol. I just got popped for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for no front LP by Troopers within 2 miles of my house. Ordered a Sto-N-Sho bracket yesterday. Working on getting my 🚔 license back, so in a couple months I won’t have to worry about it all.

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot about the two reflectors above the mufflers. Shows how much attention I pay to the back of the car lol. I just got popped for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for no front LP by Troopers within 2 miles of my house. Ordered a Sto-N-Sho bracket yesterday. Working on getting my 🚔 license back, so in a couple months I won’t have to worry about it all.
I have a sto and show also after getting stopped like 10 times but never ticketed, yet. Whenever I know I’m crossing into city limits I put it on to avoid the hassle. Seems my county sheriffs deputies could care less. Sto and show is a great little invention.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Interesting about the front plate. Depends on where I guess. Besides which, I do have a front plate. It's not the state issued one. It is my USMC engraved eagle, globe and anchor on black.

1632714568905.png

https://www.etsy.com/listing/893633...ty-plate-car?ref=shop_home_recs_1&frs=1&crt=1

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have a sto and show also after getting stopped like 10 times but never ticketed, yet. Whenever I know I’m crossing into city limits I put it on to avoid the hassle. Seems my county sheriffs deputies could care less. Sto and show is a great little invention.
Area 6A is a bitch. Especially on the NTTA. I think it's because they got stuck with the pos Dodges and Explorers. :crackup:

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just be careful in Rockwall .
Area 6A is a bitch. Especially on the NTTA. I think it's because they got stuck with the pos Dodges and Explorers. :crackup:
just be careful if crossing into the City of Rockwall, they have the license plate and tint patrol out in full force.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I have no reason to do so. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, if it's east of I-35, it just isn't ............ :crackup:

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have them here in TX. I’ve been stopped a time or two for other things and not a problem . My town police love to pull over the muscle car guys for anything from tint to front license plate to loud exhaust but never said anything about taillight. There are still the red reflectors above exhaust tips. I’ve since installed clear sidemarkers also with no hassle from John Q Law.
Semper Fi brother.
20C18449-7C6E-4E8F-870E-5D230CA6CE9F.jpeg
Just installed my vlands right now and is it my OCD or do they not line up with the trunk center panel towards the top corners? The bottom corners somewhat line up but not the top inside corners it’s like they are seated too deep into the car. If I zoom in enough it looks like yours is the same huh?
Sponsored