Sponsored

Vland from Hellhorse vs S550 Euros

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Any one see a difference in quality in regard to these 2 brands. From fitment to LED quality etc? Wondering If there is any.
Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
S550euros sells vlands. They're all come from vland.

Seen plenty of unboxings from s550euros stuff, and it literally says vland on the box. Just a middleman, much like hellhorse.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550euros sells vlands. They're all come from vland.

Seen plenty of unboxings from s550euros stuff, and it literally says vland on the box. Just a middleman, much like hellhorse.
Got it. That makes sense. So basically go with the best price.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how’s the fitment. to me sometimes I feel it looks off with the decklid panel.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
But how’s the fitment. to me sometimes I feel it looks off with the decklid panel.
Fitment can be iffy. These are fords after all. I replaced my chipping oem decklid with my old ecoboost one (so, a factory OEM part) and the gaps got all messed up with my tail lights. But you can kind of adjust it. Mine weren't torqued down all the way so it can line up with the decklid. I even had to adjust my trunk latch a little bit so it can line up.

Sponsored

2020RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Got it. That makes sense. So basically go with the best price.
My opinion is to skip S550 Euros, I just had a bad experience with them. Purchased the sequential mirror turn signals $150. They over sold them so had to wait 6 weeks, then installed them the same day I received them and the drivers side didn't flash correctly because the cars wiring harness is not providing enough power or grounded well. Because I installed them and the lights work (just not connected to the drivers side) they will not exchange and want a 45% restocking fee. Customer service is all via email or DM through Instagram.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My opinion is to skip S550 Euros, I just had a bad experience with them. Purchased the sequential mirror turn signals $150. They over sold them so had to wait 6 weeks, then installed them the same day I received them and the drivers side didn't flash correctly because the cars wiring harness is not providing enough power or grounded well. Because I installed them and the lights work (just not connected to the drivers side) they will not exchange and want a 45% restocking fee. Customer service is all via email or DM through Instagram.
Good to know. Thanks. I wouldn’t want the multi mode tail lights. Unfortunately S550 are the only ones who sell the single mode VLands.

2020RaceRedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Good to know. Thanks. I wouldn’t want the multi mode tail lights. Unfortunately S550 are the only ones who sell the single mode VLands.
I follow mustangmatt116 on instagram, he has a youtube channel as well. he bought the tails through Vland directly. He likes them.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a set of vland tail lamps a while back and I could instantly tell the LED’s weren’t as bright. I like that the factory lamps are blinding so I took them back off and they’re just sitting in their box. They worked fine and fit good, I just didn’t care for the step down in brightness

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen all kinds of aftermarket "VLANDS" on E-Bay. They vary from 395 shipped to 475. No rhyme or reason for the price difference. The set I bought was 395 and were VLANDS. They looked identical in packaging and appearance/function to anything I've seen in other people's YouTube videos. It's China no matter which "brand" you buy. They're all coming from the same factory.

The LED's are brighter than OEM Euro lights but a little dimmer than USDM red lights from what I've seen. They have some custom settings that are pretty neat. They fit OK but not great. From 5 ft, nobody can tell. Up close, the gaps are a little tighter than OEM but still straight but the curve at the top to match the decklid panel is definitely different. Some shimming and fiddling will net a decent looking set of tail lights. Mine started getting condensation after about 18 months. Nothing major but up close you could see little dots on the inside plastic. Still worked 100% though.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had the vland euros on my ‘16 and you’re right about the angle on them. I recently got OEM 18+ and they just look more....proper fitting. I don’t know how to describe it.

according to the owners manual both the headlights and tail lights are vented so condensation is normal but maybe I just never realized it on the red lenses because...they’re red. I noticed it the first day it rained on the vland euros.

I think the 5 mode ones are 500+
and the single mode one is cheaper (390-460 like you mentioned).

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were programmable 5 mode. They were 400 on eBay. I didn't know they made two versions. I've noticed that OEM and aftermarket are both vented but the water created waterspotting on the inside of the clear VLANDS. It could probably be cleared up if I were willing to take them apart but I don't even own them anymore. It wasn't terrible and if they were red, it'd be super difficult to see. If I did it all again, I'd just keep the stock ones around and get a set of the VLAND smoked tails. They'll hide flaws better than the clears.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I have the VLAND 5 mode euros. Got them off Ebay from VLAND. My fitment is near perfect. People forget to take off the piece where the deck lid is and swap it over. I've seen a few YouTube videos like that. They are definitely less bright than the stock ones which IMO are overly bright. I do prefer the clear colouring but may switch back to red eventually. No issues with condensation and I live in Canada.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
The 18+ Tails are blindingly bright with the brake lights on lol.

Yeah the top piece of the lamp comes off and snaps on the other one. I didn't realize it until about 2 months after having them.

I did like the amber sequencing but I guess the OEMs being blindingly bright make up for that.

There's also a certain thing about the vlands that don't function like the OEMs. When you are braking, and you turn a turn signal on, there is a 1 sequence delay for the blinker to turn on.

Also, when you don't have any lights on (lamps are off, driving in daylight) and you are at a stop light with your turn signal on with the brakes on, the brake light that is signaling will sequence with the tail lamp off (the vlands will have it on, because your foot is on the brake), i assume for visibility, while the other side will be lit because your foot is on the brake. This also happens when you are moving.

With the vlands, they do not do this. They will just sequence with the brake lights on. Maybe not an issue if you are using the AMBER mode but i can see visibility issues with the USDM Red mode.

Anyway, the clears are nice, but i feel like everyone has them now. They look good on certain colors, and look meh on others in my opinion. I definitely don't mind the look of them on my car, but now I'm enjoying the 18+ on my 16.

IMG_2380x.jpg
IMG_0829x.jpg

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Definitely true about the one second delay. I’m very conscious about it when I’m driving.

Yes there is the top piece but also the piece that goes behind the deck lid when it’s closed. People forget both a lot.

I only run the amber mode which statistically has been shown to be safer than red for turning so that’s a nice bonus.

As far as brightness I have never felt unsafe with the euros. I mean I don’t drive behind myself but it doesn’t seem like the output is so low to be a visibility issue. Hard to know for sure
Sponsored