WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the help :like:

After seeing the invisible glass tool (to be ordered soon), I managed it with an upturned hand with a microfibre mitt and then a poor mans version of that tool to get down the edges - a pledge polishing wand with a sonus microfibre polishing bonnet stretched over the head ... :cwl: It was still a PITA ... :cwl:

WD :like:
Sponsored

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to get super detailed about this, but was hoping to learn something.

I use the 2 cloth method but I still wind up with lint afterwards. So I soak a waffle weave cloth with cleaner, wipe, flip cloth, wipe. Then I switch to a second microfiber cloth and do a buff to get the rest but I find it does start to catch which is probably why I wind up with lint. I was hoping someone could give me that aha moment!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ice winshield scraper about 18" long. Wrap towel to 'blade' end.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Folding down the rear seats and going in through the trunk sounds good, but what about those with the factory rear seat delete? The panel doesn't seem to be too sturdy if one is going to do repeated back window cleanings over time, and the foam blocks which support the panel from the bottom seem to be only a bit more firm than a dry sponge, and I imagine they would flatten out if enough weight is put on them repeatedly. I'm thinking of this as I'm going to install a factory rear seat delete kit sometime soon. I know, I know. Then don't clean the back window, duh! :wink:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also use the gizmo linked on post #4. I use my own microfiber rag, but it adheres by itself, so no need to staple it, or secure it, any other way. And I just sprayed it with distilled water (tinted windows too). And I actually use that method even outside; no need for more in my case. I have special PVC (blue) shop towels that produce absolutely zero lint, but it's rare when I have to use them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another quick question for the invisible glass users - do you prefer the liquid or the aerosol ? :like:

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I Tried the bend over backwards technique of laying on my back through the trunk yesterday...
So much easier to clean and reach all the spots, but it's a Houdini task to get in and out.

Protecting the rear bumper from your backside sliding is something to consider.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I always wear hoody and sweatpants when detailing the car :like:

Shorts and T if it’s hot, with a sweatband over my watch :like:

No exposed zips, buckles, press studs etc :like:

TheJackal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BlowByRacing.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Mustang - 2019 F150 EcoBoost
That invisglass reach tool works well... but you gotta use a 50/50 blend of rubbing alcohol and distilled water for best results.
I've been a detailer by trade since 1996 and have tried everything. I always default back to what works. The tool is definitely a helper when used with the right products. 50/50 blend like i said

TheJackal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BlowByRacing.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Mustang - 2019 F150 EcoBoost
Invisible glass gets it completely clear, so I'm not sure how much better than that alcohol would do. Other than maybe a contact high, but I prefer to take my alcohol internally :crackup:
invisible glass has always left a haze and streaking for me. I've tried on a few occasions with different cars. It doesn't mesh well with cars in South Florida. Not much does with all the salt in the air from the ocean.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cup of Alcohol (90%), cup water, tablespoon of vinegar .. good stuff . Dry wiping the inside of window. Before spraying on the cleaner helps with the streaking.