1. Burgo

Burgo Active Member

First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
    0   0   0
    And this stuff is the best for all the plastics and hoses:
    https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plastic-Cleaner-Protectant-13-Ounce/dp/B00092CKN4

2. ctandc72

ctandc72 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '17 Base 6 speed 3.7
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Don’t Laugh until you tried it. Scrubbing bubbles without bleach. Yes bathroom cleaner. Works great

3. aks0605

aks0605 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT PP1
    Construction
    0   0   0
    I'm sure it's been said already but really light water and stay away from connectors. One of the biggest reasons why dealerships chose my company for make ready is because I dont use water on my engine bays. I know your in a crunch now but for.the future invest in a streamer. McCullough makes one for 200 dollars and its lasted me years if you maintain it correctly. IMO this is the best and safest way to clean an engine. You can steam interiors paint wheels. I even use it when I clean ATVs
    Steam, degreaser, assortment of brushes and patience I promise you will have the cleanest engine bay.
    IMG_5007.JPG IMG_4563.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4739.JPG

2015Etrac, ModularKid21 and re-rx7 like this.
  4. ripto

ripto Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    I would also recommend drying after rinsing before heating up so you don't leave water spots, for those that have hard water.

5. ModularKid21

ModularKid21 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    ‘15 GT
    0   0   0
    I’ve never seen a Mercedes V2!! Haha nice work man. I love a clean engine bay to match a clean car

6. ChosenJuan

ChosenJuan Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    If I'm going to spray down the engine bay with a garden hose, what needs to be covered up before I get everything all wet? I was thinking CAI, but what about the battery, alternator, etc? I see some exposed cables

7. 2015Etrac

2015Etrac Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
    0   0   0
    I covered my Steeda intake, fuse box, and alternator. I sprayed everything very lightly with the shower setting on a hose nozzle, sprayed on some Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner, used a small brush to break up the dirt in the areas that needed it, then lightly rinsed everything off. It only took a few minutes, turned out great, and I didn't have any issues. I plan to do it again this spring. After I was done I sprayed everything down with Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I got the Hyper Dressing tip from the Obsessed Garage channel when he cleans his GT350 engine bay.

8. aks0605

aks0605 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT PP1
    Construction
    0   0   0
    You need to cover for CAI and the MAF sensor, coil packs, fuse box. The dyno connector by the air filter. Any connections you see on the wiring harness. Sounds like overkill but I've seen so many problems come from a water hose. IMO you would be better off going to a power washing place. It's less direct water on the connections and you can angle away from them easier than a water hose. +1 for chemical guys though.