1. LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Cory
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
    0   0   0
    I looked on Saturday and through it was all riveted in place. I'll have to pay more attention and learn. Thank you.

2. 2015Etrac

2015Etrac Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
    0   0   0
    Sorry, just seen you have a 2018, it might be different, I have a 2016. I would assume it's still just held on by push pins and screws. By rivets do you mean the plastic push pins? If so they are easy to take off, just pop up the center section with a small screw driver and pull the entire pin out.

3. LFG_Cory

LFG_Cory Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Cory
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
    0   0   0
    I'll have to give it another look. When I was under there I was irritated with the sloppy oil change from the dealership. I want to remove it so I can get all the gunk off of it.

4. 2015Etrac

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    American Muscle has a video on Youtube with the process of pulling the tray in their chin spoiler install video on a 2018. It's the same at the 2016 I have. Just a bunch of 7mm bolts and push pins. Easy job with a drill and 7mm socket.

LFG_Cory likes this.
  5. Genxer

Genxer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    For car shows, the first thing I do is vacuum the hood liner (really). It gets pretty dirty, you'd be surprised how nice it looks afterward. The resulting dust that falls down is cleaned up when I do the remainder of the engine compartment. I've been using Croftgate Tire Shine on the rubber bits, and even the black plastic. There's no petroleum in the stuff, and the application seems to last a long time. Just makes things look clean and not a fake wet shine. I use a spray wax on the painted parts and touch it up with detailer when it gets dusty. Think I've only wet things down and actually washed in there once.

6. Burgo

Burgo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Keith
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
    Department of Justice
    0   0   0
    And this stuff is the best for all the plastics and hoses:
    https://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plastic-Cleaner-Protectant-13-Ounce/dp/B00092CKN4

7. ctandc72

ctandc72 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 GT 6 speed Base
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Don’t Laugh until you tried it. Scrubbing bubbles without bleach. Yes bathroom cleaner. Works great

8. aks0605

aks0605 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT PP1
    Construction
    0   0   0
    I'm sure it's been said already but really light water and stay away from connectors. One of the biggest reasons why dealerships chose my company for make ready is because I dont use water on my engine bays. I know your in a crunch now but for.the future invest in a streamer. McCullough makes one for 200 dollars and its lasted me years if you maintain it correctly. IMO this is the best and safest way to clean an engine. You can steam interiors paint wheels. I even use it when I clean ATVs
    Steam, degreaser, assortment of brushes and patience I promise you will have the cleanest engine bay.
    IMG_5007.JPG IMG_4563.JPG IMG_4568.JPG IMG_4649.JPG IMG_4739.JPG

2015Etrac, ModularKid21 and re-rx7 like this.
  9. ripto

ripto Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    I would also recommend drying after rinsing before heating up so you don't leave water spots, for those that have hard water.

10. ModularKid21

ModularKid21 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    ‘15 GT
    0   0   0
    I’ve never seen a Mercedes V2!! Haha nice work man. I love a clean engine bay to match a clean car

11. ChosenJuan

ChosenJuan Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT PP
    0   0   0
    If I'm going to spray down the engine bay with a garden hose, what needs to be covered up before I get everything all wet? I was thinking CAI, but what about the battery, alternator, etc? I see some exposed cables

12. 2015Etrac

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I covered my Steeda intake, fuse box, and alternator. I sprayed everything very lightly with the shower setting on a hose nozzle, sprayed on some Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner, used a small brush to break up the dirt in the areas that needed it, then lightly rinsed everything off. It only took a few minutes, turned out great, and I didn't have any issues. I plan to do it again this spring. After I was done I sprayed everything down with Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I got the Hyper Dressing tip from the Obsessed Garage channel when he cleans his GT350 engine bay.

13. aks0605

aks0605 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Clay
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT PP1
    Construction
    0   0   0
    You need to cover for CAI and the MAF sensor, coil packs, fuse box. The dyno connector by the air filter. Any connections you see on the wiring harness. Sounds like overkill but I've seen so many problems come from a water hose. IMO you would be better off going to a power washing place. It's less direct water on the connections and you can angle away from them easier than a water hose. +1 for chemical guys though.

14. lightrules

lightrules Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    See Avatar
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    This seems pretty legit. Just like this video below, but they use something called P21S Total Auto Wash. Check it out, think it's worth it? 5L jug for $67 but the guy swears by it. I would cover my exposed air filter. I need to check if our alternator is exposed...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfMeMKoCPJE

15. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randy
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium PP and a few others
    Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
    I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Thinking about trying the P21S. Anyone ever find it in some B&M or is it strictly order and wait?