Sponsored

CJPP Cobra Shift Knob

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I have a the FP GT350 black one. Like a billiard ball but a little more plastic feel. I like it.

My car will have blue stripes and I wanted to give a subtle nod to that on the interior. So I ordered a leather steering wheel with blue stitching. I then took the FP shift knob and changed the GT350 logo on either side from white to blue. Subtle but effective. I would have preferred to do more of a red theme but I feel that is more for R models and mine is not.
That sounds like it is going to be the hotness!
Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Thanks guys. Yup chitlin, I saw yours. If you didn’t know what color the car is, that one still works. So my next thought was just solid red, no stripes. The stock handle had red in it, the starter button is red and sitting right there, and my steering wheel stripe is soon to be red. If that doesn’t work, sticking with stock.

But I won’t get another CJ knob. They advertise 3-4 weeks for this one and mine took 10, like everyone else I know. I’ll get the red Ford one with GT350 on it. But it is a nice knob though.
If you’re gonna work the red accents dont forget about the Lloyd’s mats and I believe you can also get the red startup screen via ForScan (yes I am a freak show and did factor that into my decisions lol).

I should’ve mentioned I do believe the CJ knob is slightly less functional. For track use or other serious shifting would not recommend it. I have missed a couple of shifts due to the slickness of it. Mine is just for show until all my warranties expire :D

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Just got here today....So typically I am totally not the type to ask for opinions or input on matters when it comes to looks. I know what I like that that's that. But I'm struggling with this one, so I'm reaching out.

Meh. Just Meh. What do you guys think? I like it from outside the car when you can see all the white and blue together, then it makes sense. Inside the car, it stands out too much. It's off. The interior is too refined to have this bright ass white knob there. Everything else goes together...except the knob. I think I’d prefer a plain red one to match the starter button. But for now...just meh. I’ll give it a chance though. I thought the old school white knob would be instantly cool, but...meh.
I don't see a key detail here, unless I'm missing it elsewhere: What's the exterior color of your GT350, and the stripes' color, if you have them? That makes a difference.

I actually love the look of these shift knobs, which are licensed Ford products as apposed to a lot of the aftermarket knobs, if that's important to you. I have the same knob but with the reverse color scheme, blue with white stripes to match the blue and white stripes of my GT350. I think it works. I also have the red FP knob, which also looks cool. They're cheap enough that I like having a couple to switch up the look.
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4112 (1).jpg

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Here is my FOrd Performance Red knob I like it since it goes with the red srart stop button and red stitching of the seats etc.
17845EDA-0047-4B45-B4D7-721FFF047FD5.jpeg

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@swish...I have a white car/blue stripes. Like I said in my origins post, it clashes with the interior, but when you see the whole car it kinda works. But I’m struggling with it. It’s growing on me after driving around all day yesterday, but I don’t know if that’s enough. Like chitin said, and offboost just posted, I think that’s the touch that I’m (personally) looking for. The red matched to the red starter button is a nice touch for the whole interior overall. And my red USB cord plugged in there (for anyone that caught that as well).

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
That sounds like it is going to be the hotness!
My car will be Magentic with blue stripes. So I am trying to get a little bit of blue accent into the car. Have a leather steering wheel with blue stitching; the FP GT350 shift knob where I changed the GT350 from white to blue; license plate frame with GT350 in blue; and aluminum tire valve caps in gray (to match the satin graphite SVE wheels that will be on the car) that have 2 lines engraved into them that I painted blue. Pics below. Car is due for delivery in a couple of months so we see how it all looks once they are on the car. I am hoping it will look as good on the car as I picture it in my head. Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics. Blue is a little bit lighter than it looks (as you can see in the close up pic of the shift knob).
GT350 steering wheel 2.JPG
GT350 frame.JPG
Gt350 shift knob.JPG

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you haven't ordered it yet, they're a lot cheaper here. Same part number.
Pppfffttt...bump that place dude. $17 for shipping for a tiny ass shift knob??!!?? NOPE. I’ll give my money to amazon. Same price overall, but sheer principle. Lower the price to make it seem awesome and then rape you to recoup on the shipping.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
It’s still $2.55 cheaper than Amazon. $74.08 vs. $71.53. Your money, though.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I realize that. I won’t buy a Dr Pepper at lunch today. I laughed...I made it al the way to the checkout and it says to me “you only need to spend $1,945.27 to get free shipping...continue shopping?” HAHAHAHAHAHHA.

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got the red Ford one. Quality is not on par with the CJPP knob. Oh well. White one will be available in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
galaxy...where did you get the alcantara shift boot...thx

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
galaxy...where did you get the alcantara shift boot...thx
ShifTeck. 3 piece kit. It’s a must have. I look at your guys’ interiors nowadays and try to figure out what’s wrong with it, LOL. COMPLETELY transformed the look of the interior.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I don't see a key detail here, unless I'm missing it elsewhere: What's the exterior color of your GT350, and the stripes' color, if you have them? That makes a difference.

I actually love the look of these shift knobs, which are licensed Ford products as apposed to a lot of the aftermarket knobs, if that's important to you. I have the same knob but with the reverse color scheme, blue with white stripes to match the blue and white stripes of my GT350. I think it works. I also have the red FP knob, which also looks cool. They're cheap enough that I like having a couple to switch up the look.
I did the same knob. Compliments I get are usually along the lines of "yes! goes with the color combo on the car and really makes the interior pop."

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Shift knob is for sale in the classifieds. Decided to go another route. Much happier with this one...
IMG_0149.jpg
Sponsored