crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
A fellow Houstonian! I will say, I've had bad experiences with them. 1. Drilling the front plate into the front bumper. Second, taking 9 hours to sell me a car when I had cash.

That said, I got a smoking deal on the car. So maybe just the cost of doing business.
Yes the wholes in the bumper Suck! I have that issue now
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the wholes in the bumper Suck! I have that issue now
Mine was very gently used. They were the only place with the combo I wanted. It was like a gift when I saw the sto and sho.

Danall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
cryzystang:
I don't understand your reluctance to post the name of the company. It's not like you are slandering them or something, just stating the facts of poor service. I hate it when folks will complain about a company or service but then be unwilling to name it.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
cryzystang:
I don't understand your reluctance to post the name of the company. It's not like you are slandering them or something, just stating the facts of poor service. I hate it when folks will complain about a company or service but then be unwilling to name it.
Go back and read!

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
cryzystang:
Thank you for your opinion.

Sponsored

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Update
I received a call today checking to see what they could help me with. I explained that I was waiting to hear about what to do with my parts that are missing. In general CJ form the lady was rude and had no information. I can only imagine this call was a return of my first call, the day before I put this post up. Basically I was told some time they will get back to me. I said ok can I just get a refund when you guys figure it out. Then I was told no you have to wait until they call you to talk about that specifically. I asked if she could please just put it in the note to refund me my $50 so I can go on. She then proceeded to tell me that she does her job the way she wants to and that’s not how she works.

Im over it keep my $50 I’ll buy the parts from someone else. Hell I’m halfway tempted to ship it all back to them.

CJ Pony parts may sale a bunch of parts, but I would rather do business with Walmart than these guys ever again.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Update
I received a call today checking to see what they could help me with. I explained that I was waiting to hear about what to do with my parts that are missing. In general CJ form the lady was rude and had no information. I can only imagine this call was a return of my first call, the day before I put this post up. Basically I was told some time they will get back to me. I said ok can I just get a refund when you guys figure it out. Then I was told no you have to wait until they call you to talk about that specifically. I asked if she could please just put it in the note to refund me my $50 so I can go on. She then proceeded to tell me that she does her job the way she wants to and that’s not how she works.

Im over it keep my $50 I’ll buy the parts from someone else. Hell I’m halfway tempted to ship it all back to them.

CJ Pony parts may sale a bunch of parts, but I would rather do business with Walmart than these guys ever again.
Damn OP - really sucks to hear your experience.
I've got stuff from CJ, AM and LMR. All have been good in my buying experience, like others have said. Tbh, I think there's a lot of luck involved, too.

However - My most recent refund experience from AM was disappointing.
I ordered 2 Pony Projection puddle lights. My driver side clip broke, and the assy was hanging, so I figured, lets order 2, one for the passenger. So I pay, check out, everything is fine. It ships. I track the pkg, via UPS. Then, some days later, there is no tracking update. LS Short, called AM, they said UPS returned the pkg to AM, due to some "error" UPS made.

Okay, cool so customer service rep offers to do a refund of the purchase and I'll check out the same items again. Cool np. They process the return quickly, I see the emails come in confirming. However, they do not refund the shipping.

I call back, asking why, and after some run-around, they say shipping to Canada, they wont refund the shipping. It was approx ~$55USD, almost $70CAD. I know in the policy, Shipping charges will not be refunded if there was a problem with the address info, and it was undeliverable etc. Except, the pkg never even made inbound to Canada, in fact, based on tracking, it barely made it to the first distribution center, before being shipped back.

This is not the first time I've ordered stuff from AM, all my info is in my acct, and nothing has been changed from the past. Things have been successfully shipped to me. So even the scanners reading the label, should be no issue.
So, through no fault of my own - and granted, perhaps not even AM's fault - I was out $55USD (includes Customs, Taxes) and wasted 1 week waiting for nothing out of the whole ordeal.

What makes me uneasy, now, is that in the past, having ordered multiple items and some large stuff, shipping came to over $180 at some point for a particular order, and if the same thing happened then, I would have been out $180?

I don't have the energy nowadays to say this and that, so I kindly said, can we see what we can do about this? Customer Service offered a $15 credit to my acct.

So, just another thing to consider - Not sure if the whole ordeal would have applied for an order stateside.

I hate online shopping personally. I'm old school in this way, I want to go to a brick and mortar store, touch and feel the stuff, and buy it and come home the same day. It's never sit-back and relax thing when buying online and shipping, and all the crap that can happen.

OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Damn OP - really sucks to hear your experience.
I've got stuff from CJ, AM and LMR. All have been good in my buying experience, like others have said. Tbh, I think there's a lot of luck involved, too.

However - My most recent refund experience from AM was disappointing.
I ordered 2 Pony Projection puddle lights. My driver side clip broke, and the assy was hanging, so I figured, lets order 2, one for the passenger. So I pay, check out, everything is fine. It ships. I track the pkg, via UPS. Then, some days later, there is no tracking update. LS Short, called AM, they said UPS returned the pkg to AM, due to some "error" UPS made.

Okay, cool so customer service rep offers to do a refund of the purchase and I'll check out the same items again. Cool np. They process the return quickly, I see the emails come in confirming. However, they do not refund the shipping.

I call back, asking why, and after some run-around, they say shipping to Canada, they wont refund the shipping. It was approx ~$55USD, almost $70CAD. I know in the policy, Shipping charges will not be refunded if there was a problem with the address info, and it was undeliverable etc. Except, the pkg never even made inbound to Canada, in fact, based on tracking, it barely made it to the first distribution center, before being shipped back.

This is not the first time I've ordered stuff from AM, all my info is in my acct, and nothing has been changed from the past. Things have been successfully shipped to me. So even the scanners reading the label, should be no issue.
So, through no fault of my own - and granted, perhaps not even AM's fault - I was out $55USD (includes Customs, Taxes) and wasted 1 week waiting for nothing out of the whole ordeal.

What makes me uneasy, now, is that in the past, having ordered multiple items and some large stuff, shipping came to over $180 at some point for a particular order, and if the same thing happened then, I would have been out $180?

I don't have the energy nowadays to say this and that, so I kindly said, can we see what we can do about this? Customer Service offered a $15 credit to my acct.

So, just another thing to consider - Not sure if the whole ordeal would have applied for an order stateside.

I hate online shopping personally. I'm old school in this way, I want to go to a brick and mortar store, touch and feel the stuff, and buy it and come home the same day. It's never sit-back and relax thing when buying online and shipping, and all the crap that can happen.
I completely agree, and understand the frustration with the nickel and dime stuff on the shipping. I think that’s why this has me so bent, is that I made a pretty substantial order and the cheapest part out of the whole order is what I’m missing. However to install the rest of the parts ordered I want to have this kit to install while its all apart.

I love making a 4 hour drive to walk in to Summit get what I want and head out!!!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I completely agree. I love making a 4 hour drive to walk in to Summit get what I want and head out!!!
Likewise! If I was closer to some of these vendors, I'd be making the drive, (within reason for a given item value) since I love driving.

Anyway, I hope your next buy, wherever it is, you don't go through any of this nonsense.

Sponsored
OP
OP
crzystang

crzystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MATT
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT, 2021 MACH 1
Dispute the $50 with your credit card. Should clear things up quickly.
Hmmm never thought of that. I figured it would of had to been the total...

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Dispute the $50 with your credit card. Should clear things up quickly.
^^^^This^^^^

...since I have been on this forum, folk have complained about CJ Pony
Parts and AM.
A lot of times there is never any settling or satisfaction for the buyer, unless
the buyer doesn't let us know the outcome.

On my Harley forum, if someone has a problem of not receiving
an order; order not complete or damaged goods, the seller bends over
backwards (usually) to make the problem right or offer refunds.

I don't understand how a company can stay in business operating like CJ Pony
Parts or American Muscle do, customers are supposed to be their life-blood.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Update

Yep, just another POS Company. They lost thousands from sales from me over a defective Drake rear Trunk lid cover. It was like $170 and my whole order was over 2k. Drake representative was a POS and would'nt exchange or approve the return either. I cut the lid in half, and threw it in the trash and never looked back. Good Luck

Last edited:

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
AM has done pricing errors on their site & if ordered, will cancelled your order. Then takes 2 weeks to be refunded. Wish it was rare, happens a few times over multiple items.

zachary1988

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magentic Mustang GT PP1
I also had problems with CJ Pony back in 7/2020. Bought an x pipe and I'm pretty sure they sent me a returned item. The parts did not fit and the box it came in was damaged. It was really bad. On one end of the box, it had a hole of about 4"x5". They covered the hole up with lots of clear tape. Also dented bad. I went on "sitejabber.com" to post my review of them which was not positive so others can see what I went through. After 65 emails back and forth with photos, I did receive my refund. I did deal with CJ Pony in the past with my previous Mustang, but will pass them up now. I go to LMR as others have stated since they do have good customer service and shipping.
Sponsored